January 21, 2013

Project Life 2012....Week 43 & Week 44

I've got 2 weeks of Project Life 2012 to share today.  

Project Life 2012...Week 43
This was such a fun week to work on.  My sister had just purchased a lake house in a nearby town, my parents found an old Airstream camper to fix up and my niece came to visit with her two boys.  I love how a week from Project Life can throw you right back into those good times.  
Design wise it was a fun layout also.  I used a graphic approach by repeating the grid pattern chipboard letters, my all time favorite Washi tape, arrows and for a fun twist, I used orange thread in my sewing machine.  
Love that I was able to use 23 photos in this 2 page spread.  If I wanted to scrapbook all those photos the traditional way, I'd never ever ever get it all done.  Project Life is the way for me!
The 4 x 6 insert with the noted week.
Here I used the same patterned paper strip across (2) 4 x 6 cards with more of the same striped Washi and orange stitching + arrows.  Love the weather snap shots, still.
The Airstream. I'm so excited about this and can't wait for Spring to arrive so we can do some painting and sprucing up. I have big plans for this little tin can on wheels. The fun camper stamp was one I bought off Etsy that was hand carved.  Can't find the source though.
I love how the 3 x 4 insert below mixes the Washi tape with the chipboard letters and the typewriter journaling.  I double stitched over the word "boys" to add some extra orange color.  Loved having little boys here this week, so much fun.

Project Life 2012....Week 44
It was Halloween week but I didn't want the main pages to be overly themed with pumpkins and witches.  I used more neutral papers from October Afternoon's Witch Hazel line which includes the plaid and green papers + the stickers.  
The left page of the 2 page spread.  
The right page of the 2 page spread.
The main 4 x 6 week card.  Lots of layering, stickers, chipboard and stitching.
Our little witch Marlee.  Such a sweet little story that I'm so glad I documented about Marlee trying on one of Josey's old Halloween costumes.
The annual Fall dinner at my mother-in-law's church.  I like to capture close up photos like this with intentional "white space".  It leaves a great place to add journaling like my typed notebook labels + some chipboard letters.  No need to add another journaling card about this event.
The orangest insert ever.  There is so much orange here...all I can say is it's definitely Halloween week. Glad I captured Jordy carving the pumpkin.
The back side of the above insert.  I captured our family tradition of cutting wood as a family.  Totally makes me think of our ancestors who had to rough it.  I love getting back to nature.
Simple inserts, not overly done...my main goal was to get the memory in writing.
Two more weeks in the books.  Feels really good to flip back through my albums and see pages and pages of memories.  The design part is fun but it's the memories that matter the most.  

I'll be adding more of my 2012 throughout January then I'm gearing up to show you my first weeks of my 2013 Project Life in the first part of February.  I'm working on a new monthly Project Life feature that I think you'll love.  I'll be debuting that with my 2013 PL pages.  Stay tuned...

5 comments:

libbywilko said...

The special feature PL post sounds intriguing ! Love the weather comparison from today's post too.

RuthieM said...

Hi Mish, just wondering if you can let me know where the "soft kitty" journal card came from thanks :)

Basement Stamper said...

Great pages, love always seeing what you come up with on your pages. Do you put your thickers, chipboard, etc OVER your plastic sleeve or on your pictures itself? I think your pics are taken with the inserts out so I'm guessing they are directly on your photos.

Shelley Taylor said...

I love how your pages reflect you so well--still working on that. My boys have been pulling out scrapbooks for bedtime stories lately. Such a great reminder of why we do this in the first place!

Unknown said...

Love your cards of course. I click onto OA from your blog each day and saw your cards posted on their site. The cards just make me smile.
Love looking at your PL pages too. I like seeing how you organize each week and you make it so visually fun.--Diana F.

Related Posts with Thumbnails