January 17, 2013

Project Life 2012....Week 41 & Week 42

I'm back today to share two weeks of my Project Life 2012. There are lots of photos so I'll keep the chit chat to a minimum.  This first 2 page spread is Week 41.  
Just a varied collection of photos from the week.  I was really trying to work quickly on my weeks to do some catching up but still enjoy the creative process.  Less was more and I kept the focus on the photos.  
Fall was upon us so the color scheme was kept warm and neutral.  
 I always take photos of our beautiful maple tree each year.  Most of the trees growing around us don't take on such a vibrant color so I love to capture these bright red leaves.
 More of Charlie getting into trouble.  On this day he tore apart our pool that was draining and then rolled in the garden dirt.  Oh fun.
I started creating my own vellum pockets to hold little tickets and such.  Love those.
 Um...it wasn't such a great volleyball season for Josey.  Mama Bear had finally had it.  Journaling is hidden but sometimes you just have to share the good with the ugly.  This is life. Share the real stuff.
On to Week 42.  I love the natural feel to this spread.  So many pretty photos that I just didn't want to add much more.
 The left side of my 2 page spread contained all photos from our anniversary day.  I treated this spread like it was a traditional scrapbook page...but with dividers.  We took a country drive right in the midst of the leaves changing colors.  It was spectacular and all I could think about  is "this is why our ancestors chose Kansas".  Maybe it looked like this when they arrived here and that's all it took to stake their claim on some Kansas ground.  I'm nostalgic like that.
 The right page contains more of the everyday....31 bags of chopped green peppers from my brother's garden, a new crock pot meal, Grandma Woody's birthday and a football game.  Since I wanted to mark our 18th anniversary with chipboard letters, I stuck with the number theme on this page also.
 The main, dated insert.  I combined the Phonto app on my iPhone with chipboard map letters.
 Another stitched vellum pocket with hand written journaling on two Large Manila Parcel Tags.  Even though it was a happy day, our anniversary, we were awaiting some news of a close family member.  It was going to be good or it was going to be really bad.  We decided to just get in the vehicle and drive.  It was a good day but stressful also.  It all turned out good thankfully.  So much to be thankful for.  All of that journaling is on the tags.
Lots of white space to keep it simple.  I added orange stitching to my inserts this week to go with the Fall theme.  
 Sometimes a little tag is all you need to pop up a number or embellishment.  I keep all sizes, like this Small Manila Tag, near my work table at all times. A little stitching and a staple or two dresses them up just a bit.
 Another two weeks in the books.  Thanks for stopping by.....and join me tomorrow for another Friday Finds post.  Tonight you'll find me at the basketball games....right now I'm off to make 6 pounds of taco meat and 3 batches of coleslaw for the hospitality room that our school sponsors.

10 comments:

lisa westphal said...

Oh, I love it all!! :) Especially the quote by *Charlie* (-lol!!) and the *Mama Bear* section!! ...then your anniversary drive pics and story about Kansas..beautiful! <3

TheVintageMouse said...

Beautiful autumn days.. and love that little vellum pocket!!

Kristyn Gish said...

Love the Project Life posts. I am doing my second year and want to add my journey with it to my blog. Have you ever covered how you photograph your layouts so that they look so fabulous? Would love some tips :)

Dawn Gross said...

Beautiful pages ... and we're getting ready to dig into Mandy's Mess for dinner in a few minutes - yummy!

lam said...

As always beautiful pages full of sweet details. What apps do you use to get text on your pictures?

libbywilko said...

Always love seeing your PL posts . I loved the photos from your anniversary , belated congratulations! Good to have positive and not so in your album.

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I'm shy to admit this but Charlie and his adventures is my guilty pleasures. Love your PL pages but Charlie stories are the best!

Linda said...

love your pages as per usual and those little vellum pockets

Unknown said...

Terrific layouts, but that bear picture is INSANE!! Pull that card out and let us read it. I must now how you got that picture and lived to tell about it!

Lou said...

wow...i have spent the best part of the afternoon scrolling through your gorgeous blog. wonderful cards and your PL layouts are awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails