July 6, 2008

Summer Birthday

Sweet Summertime.....and today it's the aftermath of our huge party. We had 56 guests......today the guests are gone but we have the remains of their fireworks, sticky pop cans, bowls with sticky, melted homemade ice cream, dead June bugs all over the garage and FLIES! We had a GREAT time with all of our friends and we just finished up the cleaning, have our showers taken and are now in a vegetative state...scattered around on the sofa, beds and recliners. Whew, what a night! Eric decided to get a card game up with the leftover men so it was 2am before everyone left. Now it's just one more ball tournament to be done with and the summer is ours! I'll upload some photos of our party soon.

On to today's card. I love this Vintage Garden Chair stamp from Karen Lockhart. This is such a familiar scene around our house during the summer.....lawn chair, cold drink nearby and just relaxing. I thought this stamp would make perfect cards for summertime birthdays. The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink birthday set.
The *happy birthday* sentiment is acrylic so I curved it on my clear book so that it could follow the curve of my circular main image. Paper is from Ocotber Afternoon. Image was colored with Copic markers. Circle and scallop circles dies from Spellbinders. Machine stitching around the card front. For a fun twist, I added two scraps of patterned paper to the circle with the main image. I added ribbon to cover up the paper *seam* and then mimicked the angle with the placement of the floral background paper.

I hope your summer is going great! We're looking forward to days at my inlaws pool, maybe catch the American Girl movie next week and definitely some Sonic runs for Jordan's favorite Mocha Java Chiller and Josey's strawberry milkshake. I prefer Diet Cherry Limeades, yummo!! And it's almost time for me to head off to CHA. I can't wait to meet up with some of my friends and also meet some new people.

Have a great afternoon everyone! I think a good book and a nap are calling my name!

22 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

the card is BEAUTIFUL!!! So creative.
Now you have me cravin' some sonic:) lol.

Sandy said...

LOVE the patterned paper scraps on the main image. So cute.

Glad your party went so well.

Anonymous said...

What a cute layout idea! Very pretty!

Carol (HB) said...

So glad your party was a hit!
LOVE this card Mishie! The colors and patterns are gorgeous and the layout.. OMGOSH you create the BEST layouts!

Terri said...

Glad you party went well. Cute card I especially like how you curved the saying. We took our 10yr old daughter to see the American Girl Movie yesterday. I would highly recommend it. It was great!

Cris A said...

What a relaxing image! I love the retro look with the purtty paper!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

I really like how you split up the circle.

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! I just LOVE this layout! The circle with the DP just tops it off! So fun and summery!!!

Sharon in NE said...

Ah...don't you love it when the party is over and everything went well. Okay, when everything is cleaned up and over.

So you little hostess, you also make some fine cards! Love this one, especially the patterned paper scraps and the curved HB phrase. Nice job.

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Every time you stamp a card with that chair I tell myself that I need it. Ok...I am off to buy it...I can't resist anymore. LOL

Linanna DESIGNS said...

I have been browsing your blog, and may I just say its truly inspirational. I have also been thrilled to find where I may be able to purchase the circle greetings and monograms. I having been looking in the uk without much success. I will be revisiting this site regularly, its wonderful. Linda

Unknown said...

WOW! Sounds like a really great day!
Hugs,
Robyn

P.S. Come and stop by my blog and say hello!

Anonymous said...

Love the design of the card! The slash of colour on the angle just graps one's attention and that adirondack chair is just too cute!

Marilyn said...

I love that Lockhart chair stamp - such a timeless feeling of summer! I use to be a die-hard Cherry Limeade fan, but my new Sonic fav is BLACKBERRY limeade - to. die. for.! Try it! Keep up with your wonderful inspiration, and have a grand summer with your family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mish, did you party too much and forget about the new Spellbinder release that is suppose to be on your blog today????

Anonymous said...

I thought I missed something. Looking for Spellbinders also :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Michelle, I love this card! Love how you did the pp scrap on the circle too.
Have fun at CHA!! Wish I could go. I have artwork that will be in two different booths, so that's as close as I get. Ü

Holly Young said...

Really fun card!

Holly

Lynn Put said...

This is a fabulous summer birthday card!
My daughter and I just went to see The American Girl movie last night and she loved it!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Wonderful Card! I love how you curved the sentiment!!

Anonymous said...

wow - this card is amazing - it really caught my eye! love the way you put paper scraps on the top part of the circle - very smart use of scraps!!

Melisa said...

Glad you, your family, and friends had a great time!! (My holiday was nice and quiet - just what I needed!) As usual, your card is beautiful!!! Take care.

Related Posts with Thumbnails