July 19, 2008

Papertrey Soldered Quilt Blocks

Hi everyone, by now I'm in Chicago for CHA! I wanted to show you some soldered pieces that made using the Papertrey Quilter's Sampler and Sentiment sets. I startd out by stamping quilt blocks onto PTI patterned papers. I punched them out with a 3/4" square punch, available at PTI also (a must have with this set). I added a little shading to the stamped quilt blocks with Copic Sketch markers.
Then I adhered various quilt blocks to a square of solid cardstock.
On the other side, I pieced together a sentiment that I just LOVE. It was too long to fit into my square so I stamped it, then cut it into strips. I like the homemade look it gives. I then inked both sides of my piece with Ranger Distress Ink for a vintage look then soldered my pieces to make pendants.

I'll be giving these pendants as gifts to some fellow Papertrey Designers. I included a snippet of ribbon so they can be tied onto a bag or name badge, etc. Later on, the pendant could hang from a chain or ribbon and be used as a necklace. I could see these soldered pieces also being used to tie around a baby quilt as a gift.....maybe hang off a big basket that holds winter blankets....or maybe on a sewing basket. Ohhhh, the possibilities!
I'll take lots of photos at CHA to share when I get back! Hope you're having a great summer!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Love this set and am expecting mine any day now! Eager to see more of your inspirational creations soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is too cute! Love your constant inspiration!

Chrisd said...

So very pretty and sweet. I'd sure love to have one on a basket of mine;). Have fun for us all.

Mauna said...

These are so adorable! Great Idea. You've done some awesome stuff with that quilt stamp!

CreativeMish said...

What a great idea to stamp these on background paper! I love these little soldered blocks!

Anonymous said...

These are lovely!! What a great idea, but have yet to decide if I want to try soldering! KWIM? TFS!

Cris A said...

These are fantastic! I just my stamp set yesterday and have yet to find time to play with it!!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!! the pendants are beautiful and what a wonderful keepsake for friends...just love these!
chelle

Unknown said...

What a super cute idea! You are so creative!

DeeDee said...

Oh what a sweet gift Mish!!! They will just go gah-gah over them.....too ADOARABLE!!

Pauline said...

You come up the the neatest ideas. These are so beautiful. I really enjoy visiting your blog. Please visit my blog, where I have nominated you for an award. I hope that you like it.

Pauline

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

oh what a cool idea!

Gloria Stengel said...

I followed a link from SCS to get to your blog, and man alive! I'm blown away. So many fun ideas and a BEAUTIFUL blog. Thanks for helping me while away the afternoon. I can't craft right now due to a torn tendon in my wrist. So I'm "wasting" time looking for new ideas. You gave me tons of inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? How do you keep outdoing yourself??? That's it-I need this set!!

Sew Club said...

These are absolutely adorable! It was so nice to meet you this weekend, Michelle! You've been one of my stamping idols since the beginning, so you were at the top of my list for people to meet! :) Next time, though, I'll try to say Hi first, before asking for your picture! LOL

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me. Everything you make is so beautiful

AmandaJ said...

I love your ideas. Where do you get your glass? I am learning to solder and am using microscope slides. I have had some trouble with the flux running between the slides and onto the paper. Any ideas?

Amanda

Valerie said...

beautiful! I really need to get my soldering tool out and finally use it..it's been in the package for about 2 years now haha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails