July 13, 2008

Cupcake Birthday

EDIT: I thought you might like to see what JustRite Stampers is up to. There's LOTS of new products coming out. Be sure to scroll down a few posts to see the new goodies. I'll be doing a guest make and take session during CHA too, so be sure to stop by and see me! You can see my recipe card/apron project at the JustRite blog too. So cute!!

Today's card takes on a vintage look by using some distress ink on all the cardstock edges. For my main image, I used Karen Lockhart's Best Cupcake stamp layerd with scallop dies from Spellbinders. Patterned paper is by Fancy Pants and the polka dot layer was created with Papertrey's Polka Dot Basics stamp set. You'll notice that a lot of my cards have a horizontal element that grounds the main image. A horizontal piece of cardstock or ribbon under the main image gives the focal point something to rest on, like a horizon line. On my card today, I used three horizontal elements: a think strip of pink cardstock, a wider strip of green cardstock that has the *happy birthday* sentiment and the pearls, and then a piece of Sweet Blush ribbon from Papertrey Ink as the final horizontal element. I think all these little layers add a lot of creativity and interest to a project. So next time you have your card ready to assemble, cut a strip of cardstock and place it under the main image. You'll be surprised how much it adds to your project.

Today will be a lazy day, how about you? I drank a large McDonald's Vanilla Iced Coffee yesterday......was bouncing off the walls and doing great...til it was time to go to sleep. It was 4:30am the last time I checked before I fell asleep. Not good. But I can't help it, I love those iced coffees!!!!!!! Today it's water for me though! I hope you have a *sparky* kind of day today!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good lord Mish: an iced coffee before bed? LOL- can't says I blame you! Hope you have a lazy day that you need- not TOO lazy- we need more inspiration from your creativly brilliant mind :D have a great day! (OH! And very nice card BTW)- Brandie N

Gail S. said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card, Mish! I have this stamp and don't think I've ever used it. . .that's about to change!

You may not like it as well, but see if McDonald's will make your drink with decaf. Just a thought. . .

Jenn said...

Yeah!! This stamp is on it's way to Pataskala...hopefully tomorrow!! Paid Ellen a visit last night!! LOVE THIS MISHY POO!!

Linda said...

Love it! You're the best Mish Mash ever...

Simone P. said...

You make such beautiful cards! Love the soft colors!

DeeDee said...

Oh Mish what an adorable card....love the vintage look you've added too....this is such a sweet little cupcake card...I love it!!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Wonderful card Mish ! Can't wait to see your M&T in real life !! HUGS !

Karen said...

Thanks for the lesson on the horizon. I hadn't really thought about it before but it makes perfect sense. The card is very soft and cute. Thanks as always, for sharing.

Sue from Oregon said...

Love the card! Went and checked out the JustRite site...oh my goodness I am in trouble now! hehe

Unknown said...

Come by and say hello and see me! I have posted some pics! Did something very new to me...eeekkk! Had some fun but thought I would give it a try!
Hugs,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card! Thanks for the layout tip. I've been really struggling lately...BIG help! Really love your daily posts! Thanks!

Heather "Hev" said...

Very pretty card :)
Thankyou for the advice with the horizontal points I will have to remember that one :)
Have a nice day :)

Unknown said...

I really like flavored iced coffee, too, but not too close to bed time.

Very pretty card, especially considering there's no yellow on it ;)

Julia Aston said...

Love the towering cupcakes! lovely colors on this card - thanks for the design tips!! Hope you're off your caffeine high today!!

Lynn Put said...

This is sooooo very pretty! The soft pinks and pearls along with the cupcakes and pretty papers are such a great combination!
TFS

salusa said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Thanks for the tip!! I will have to put this one in my layout book! :)

Tiya-B said...

You art the artist, this is just one more beautiful exmaple.
thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

You did it again girly! CUPCAKES! Gotta love them! Come say hello oneday!
Robyn

Related Posts with Thumbnails