July 18, 2008

Lockhart Sweetie Pie

I loved making this card, there are so many fun elements!! I was inspired by some new October Afternoon patterned that I purchased recently. I just had to do something with that apple paper! I paper pieced Karen Lockhart's new Apron stamp with some coordinating October Afternoon patterned paper. The towel also has been paper pieced. I then colored a Lockhart Itty Bitty Apple and adhered it to the apron pocket. This totally ties the apron into the background paper. For an accent piece, I cut a portion from the Lockhart Berry Pie Shoe image and colored it to resemble a slice of apple pie. I mounted this on circle and scallop circle Spellbinder's Die Templates and added some airbrushing to the white circle so that the pie slice would stand out. I finished off my card with Papertrey birthday sentiments....love that Sweetie Pie, it's perfect with this card! There's lots of layers and dimension to this card, here's a closeup view.
And another closeup of the slice of pie. Yummo!

All Lockhart stamps can be purchased at Ellen's online store. I found the October Afternoon paper at the Two Peas website.

17 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card! Love all the details of this, especially the little cuptowel hanging out of the apron pocket, too cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Love the apple on the apron!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors! The apron is so cute and all the details you added. Super!

Anonymous said...

The apple paper is adorable and the colors of your card are great!!!

Shelly said...

Wonderful details, love the DP it's perfect!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love the pp and all your elements on the card work perfectly with the colors and apples!

CreativeMish said...

what a fun card! I love the colors!

Karen said...

That apron stamp really is versatile. I really love the colors of this card. Have a great time at CHA!

Cris A said...

I'm running out of words for your beautiful cards! Guess I'll have to break out the thesaurus!

Anonymous said...

This card is a masterpiece! I love everything about it. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Love this! The colors are fabulous, great sentiment, and the details--oh my! I recently bought this stamp and have been practicing, but I see I still have a loooonnnggg way to go. How on earth do you get your piecing so precise? Any hints?

Once again, thanks for the inspiration Mish! When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a magnificent card - totally Mish-a-licious

DeeDee said...

Oh Mish...this is a very YUMMY card!!! I love all the paper piecing you did and then you popped certain parts off the card....love that effect!!!! Whoever gets this card will be so pleased!! HUGS!!!

ReneeK said...

You've been tagged. Details at http://themessonmydesk.blogspot.com/

Elaine said...

Ohhhhh!!! A pie card in my most favorite colors! I just love it, Mish!!

Simone P. said...

I really love this card! The colors are great and the attention to detail is exquisite!

Becca said...

Absolutely wonderful, the card, design and colours. You amaze me every time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails