July 30, 2008

Bird/Nests Notecard Set

Hi everyone, how's the week going? It's been rainy here still so the temperatures are wonderful again today.......which will make me feel no guilt when I send my girls outside and lock the door behind them! They are full of laughter and energy...which is better than fighting and screaming....however it's getting a little rowdy around here today! Wait.....it got silent all of a sudden....which scares me even more. What are they up to?

Oh well, I'll work while it's quiet! I had this leftover card set from Card Club so I thought I would make up a little gift set to have on hand. I had all the supplies cut and placed inside a Papertrey stationery box. Inside there were 8 envelopes, 8 quarter sheets of SU! Soft Sky card stock, 8 pieces of white card stock cut to 4" x 5-1/4", 8 pieces of 1" x 4" strips of SU! patterned paper, 8 white circles and 8 colored scallop SU! punched pieces of Soft Sky card stock, plus a ribbon to tie the box up.

I hadn't done the stamping yet so I pulled Karen Lockharts Itty Bitty Birds and Itty Bitty Nests and my Copic Sketch markers. I stamped and colored the images with the colors shown below. Then I assembled the simple note cards with the strip of patterned paper going vertical on the left hand side of the note card. By turning the card and placing the paper strip and stamped image piece in various places, you could easily come up with some other layouts for the note cards.
I then packaged the 8 cards and 8 envelopes back into the clear stationery box and tied it up with a simple piece of ribbon. I'll keep this little note card set in my gift stash so I'll have a little something ready when I need a simple gift.

It will be back to school time before we know it......hmmmmm, I'll have to be thinking about welcome back gifts for the teachers.

Also, stay tuned for a fun SCRAPBOOKING segment to come to my blog. My friend Pine was my first volunteer(well, I kinda called her and hoped she would join in...and she said YES!) to join me in a fun scrapbooking adventure. And you will be able to join in the fun too! Once I get the details and ideas put together, I will share! (big tease I know.....but I gotta get it somewhat organized and planned out)

22 comments:

Chrisd said...

The notes are so great. What a nice idea for a Bridal or Baby Shower gift.

Maria Matter said...

These note cards are so pretty! They'll make lovely gifts!

glitter girl said...

Oh, Mish - I totally LOVE it!!! I've been totally into the flat note cards lately, and this is a super idea for another way to jazz 'em up!
Can't wait to see what you're thinking up for back-to-school gifts!! My son starts kindergarten, so I want to make sure we're extra good to his teachers right from the start!

glitter girl said...

Oh, one more thing... do you know anything about the Wishblade?? My LSS owner has been raving about them and I've never heard a cardmaker (or scrapbooker) mention them...

Anonymous said...

adorable! as usual! i love it!!
chelle

Diana said...

one of fav SU prints. love those colors.

Gail S. said...

Can't wait to see what you got up your sleeve with the scrapbooking!! I am looking forward to that. Love the cards....send some of your rain up north the NE.

Daniela Dobson said...

You make the prettiest note cards! What scalloped punch did you use?
dstantic@hotmail.com

Tami McBeain said...

Great little gift set Mish, I love it! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Beautiful gift!!

Dottie K. said...

Wow this set is just adorable. I love the stamps you used. I need to invest in a few of these. I can't wait to see what you're up to with scrapbooking. I've been going to town and completed 2006 and now 1/2 of 2007. Dottie K.

DeeDee said...

GORGEOUS set Mish!!! WOW...I just love how you put things together!!! Who wouldn't LOVE to get this set as a gift...adorable!! HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

Love these cards...and how easy they seem to come together! You are wonderful to share this with us! They are beautiful, and I so love giving gifts like this. People love to get them. Thanks, as always, for sharing your wonderful talent and ideas!

Danisha said...

I absolutely love your ideas! I need to get a scallop punch so I can make some of these myself!

Cris A said...

These are adorable!

CreativeMish said...

These are very nice little notecards! They look so simple to make yet so pretty

Lynn Put said...

These are wonderful little note cards! You always have such a great presentation with your cards and gifts!

Looking forward to see the scrapbooking!

Karen said...

Love those little Lockhart images. The gift set idea is great. Do you purchase the clear boxes or are those from Papertrey sets?

Dorothy said...

WOW - simple and very elegant. What a great idea. You did a wonderful job! Can you tell me where you got the clear boxes? Thanks!
Dorothy (dotattwood@netzero.com)

Anonymous said...

I want to start buying Copic Markers. Do you have any suggestions on a good starter set of colors? Any tips would be much appreciated! Thank you! Sally

Chrissy Joyner said...

Your note cards are so pretty. The colors are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Linzi Conners said...

Hi Michelle! Those note cards are great...I cased your idea and put it up on my new blog...it's only a few days old, so bear with me! The link is: http://stampsanddietcoke.blogspot.com

These are so cute...I need to buy some of those itty bitty's!

Related Posts with Thumbnails