July 8, 2008

Lockhart Rosebud Cupcakes

Thank you all for the nice comments about yesterday's Spellbinder's post. I'm glad you all like the new Pinking Circle Dies. You have until midnight tonight to enter the drawing. Tomorrow I will announce the winner of the pinking dies right here on my blog. Be sure to check the blog party schedule to see what's coming up next!

Today I'm using Karen Lockhart's Rosebud Cupcake stamp. The rosebuds on the top of the cute cupcake liners make for fun cards. I stamped three of the images and colored them with Copic markers. I used birthday sentiments from the Papertrey Ink set called Birthday Basics. The smallest sentiment is layered with a circle and scallop circle from Spellbinders. I stitched around the main image with my sewing machine and then layered the card up with Papertrey Ink cardstock. Bottom scallops with the holes are made with a Fiskar's border punch. Ribbon is from Papertrey Ink. I love making pretty birthday cards. Birthdays are such a special day for that special someone. I think everyone deserves to be pampered on their birthday. And sometimes all it takes to make someone's day is a nice card...no gift required.

19 comments:

Stefanie Staniak said...

This card would make anyone's birthday very special!!

Dottie K. said...

This is so cute. :)

Kari said...

So cute! I love the soft colors and the scallops!!!

Rene Sharp said...

I agree about sending a card to someone on their birthday. It's especially special when it's unexpected and from someone you don't usually get a card from. Your card is sure to make someones day very special!

Mandy said...

Very sweet and pretty!

Kelli said...

this is such a wonderful card!! And I want to mention that your work has motivated me to take the leap and purchase copics! I love when you post the photos of the images in progress and give hints for coloring, thank you so so much!

I'm sure you've mentioned this before but what paper do you prefer to use with copics?

DeeDee said...

This is very soft and sweet Mish.....Who wouldn't want to receive this gorgeous card....I love it!!!

Karen said...

It is a very special card. Very soft and the cupcakes are very feminine.

Linda said...

Simple beautiful. I am going to set this stamp.

Mauna said...

This is a cute card. Soft colors and love that stamp. Great Job!

Shari said...

Love this card - so cute!

stampmonkey said...

What a beautiful card! LOVE the pink and that sweet little cupcake. ;)

BTW, I left you something on my blog...hope you don't mind.

Lisbet said...

I was just surfing around and I really enjoy watching your blog.
Hava a great summer.
http://digiscrapp.blogspot.com/

Amanda Brown said...

I would love to get this card in the mail! Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a blog award, you can check out my blog for the details.
Thanks again for all the inspiration.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This card is so sweet and so feminine!!

Tiya-B said...

what a sweet card.

CreativeMish said...

OH! more cupcakes to drool over! I love these little rosebuds!

Unknown said...

I love your beautiful birthday card! Those cupcakes are really cute!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet!! Love the colors and how dainty it looks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails