July 3, 2008

Papertrey Boards and Beams/Day 4 JustRite Stampers

Hey everyone, today is day 4 of my guest blogging over at JustRite Stampers. You can check out my notecards I made right HERE. I'm having so much fun with these stamps. Once you get the idea of how they work, the light bulb moments start to click on......and then the possibilities are endless!! I hope you try them out!!
Yesterday was such a busy day. We had an early appointment, dropped Jordan's sleepover friend back home and then we headed to the big city for shopping with my parents. Our plans were just to hit the scrapbook store and Sam's for July 4th food.....little did I know that we'd stop at Kohl's and buy school clothes for the girls! Great deals though if you have a Kohl's near you...lots of 40-50% off items that are summery but still great for back to school clothes. My family is exhausted though with all the hustle and bustle of the summer. It's time for some R & R around here!

I did find a little time to stamp tonight though. I colored some Papertrey images while watching the girls swim yesterday. I do that quite often....color images while waiting for the girls at practice, swimming, etc.....then finish my project later.

I've been wanting to use my new Beams and Borders stamp set from Papertrey Ink SO badly. When Nichole first gave a sneak peek of this set, I got very excited! You see, my college degree is in Interior Design. And although I didn't have a stellar career in designing fancy interiors, I loved drawing floorplans, preparing sample boards, choosing color palettes and doing architectural renderings. I really think that I should have majored in Graphic Design now that I look at it. But oh well, back to my card. The big house image that Nichole designed for the Boards and Beams set is actually pretty close to what rendered elevations of a house would look like. She did a VERY good job! So I was tickled pink...or maybe yellow for this project.....to see the entire set. With my combined background and love of all things *homey*, this set just called my name! I will use it tons for house warming, hostess gifts and I know that my realtor friends will love cards like this to give to clients. Awesome set! Below is my finished card, I love how it all came together.
And what's not to love when you have such great stamps to work with. Nichole and the other PTI stamp designers put so much thought into each set. The combinations of stamps that can be used together are endless. I love how you can piece together a scene so easily with all of the separate images that come in each set. Look how I was able to separately stamp, color and cut out the fence and the tree. I popped them up with pop dots to give a 3-D effect. For the tree, I stamped and colored it twice then cut out a smaller portion of the leaves for added pop.
And look how many stamp images come in one set. Talk about a DEAL! There's just oodles and oodles of stamps there. Plus each set has a bunch of sentiments too. I loooove the sentiments. Each stamp set comes with a CD case and labels.....very detailed, that Nichole is!
And with each stamp set, the details just get better and better. The hard part is done for you....the drawing of the images! All you have to do is stamp and move on to the project details. I colored my house with Copic markers and was able to get some great shadows placed under the eaves and overhangs of the house.
And then there's the PTI accessories. Nichole has such a good eye for choosing colors for all of the wonderful papers, inks and ribbons.....they all match.......I'm in heaven! Have you noticed which style of ribbon is my favorite? It's the polka dot ribbon, love it!
Isn't it great that there are SOOO many great stamp comanies out there to create with? I'm excited to share each and every one of my creations with you. Stamping is such a fun craft and I've met sooooo many wonderful friends too. I hope you all are having a blast with your stamps...get them out and use them......send a card out to a friend.....have FUN!

13 comments:

Karen said...

The polka dot ribbon is my favorite also. The house card is amazing. Doesn't it make you want to move right in? This wonderful hobby of ours reminds me of being little and playing with paper dolls. I always designed new clothes for them. Thanks for always being willing to share with us. Have a great day.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Mish, I love your house! The colors they way you did the windows, just makes ya want to sit on the porch and visit with a friend with a glass of cold tea or lemonade. Of course there's no mosquitos there at all!!! LOL!!

Shelly said...

I just want you to know that I am going to blame you for my recent Just Rite purchases if my hubby asks about my ordering spree in the last day! I love what you have been doing with them and can't wait for mine to arrive. The boards and beams card is fabo too. I love those stamps!

Anonymous said...

Mish, I LOVE your house card!! I have that set and can't wait to try it. The polka dot ribbon is my favorite too!!

Cris A said...

Just one more set I HAVE to have. Beautiful card!

DeeDee said...

OMG!! How adorable is this little yellow house!!!! I love the way you popped the tree and the fence up Mish.....very COOL!!! That ribbon is VERY yummy....I must say!! Thank you for all the details...I always feel like I'm sitting right there with you as you explain!!! HUGS!!

Jen Caputo said...

Love your house card!!! I have a question about how you are storing the Papertrey stamps though, Did you stamp the image on the cd case? I'm trying to figure out how you see your index? Help a girl out who is desperate for a better way to see what stamps she has!

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on the house with the Boards and Beams set! I love the coloring! Have a great 4th of July and don't party too hard!

Anonymous said...

ummm, i wanna move so i can get a card as gorgeous as this!!! :)
chelle

CreativeMish said...

This set has so many possibilities! I love your card!

retiredheather said...

Oh how I love that stamp set! I am so waiting to purchase it...it calls at me. Love the card. Beautiful colors.

Shari said...

Gorgeous card!

Debbie Olson said...

Great job on this house, Mish!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails