June 22, 2012

Project Life Week 19, 2012...featuring 6 x8 photos & notebook paper labels

Back today with Week 19 of my Project Life. Today I'll be sharing a fun 6 x8 insert + focusing on my new Notebook Paper Labels.  

Here's my 2 page spread.  Still in school but wrapping up the activities for track, awards nights, Mother's Day and Jordan's graduation.  I've got a few inserts to add but those will have to wait til later.  
The left page.
The right page with the giant 6 x 8 photo of my new/old lockers.
Here's some closeups of the 4 x 6 inserts.  I used a photo of Charlie after he tore up a chair mat we left in his outdoor pen.  He hates staying in there and rebelled by tearing up the mat.  If you zoom in, he's even sticking out his tongue in the photo.  I typed my journaling on a Notebook Paper Label.  These are in addition to my Grid Paper Labels that I have in the shop.  What I love about these labels is that I can add the journaling right to my photo without having to add in a coordinating 3 x 4 card.  This has allowed for lots more photos to be added to my album.  I also added my weekly date to a little hand cut flag made from white woodgrain cardstock.
Here I used a Project Life journaling card that I typed on to a 4 x 6 layout.  I used some Washi tape at the bottom along with a Studio Calico wood veneer arrow.
2 photos after a recent hair cut.  I love to use my White Garment Tags when I have photos that relate to size, style, price, etc.  I typed on the tag by first adhering it to a large piece of typing paper and then running it through my typewriter.  I then added a date stamp.
Another Notebook Paper Grid Label that I ran through my typewriter and then stamped with a Studio Calico stamp.
This is a 6 x 8 photo with white border.  I just chose the size I wanted in my printer settings.  I cut the photo in half and then cut the top two portions in half again.  This fills up (1)-4 x6 insert and (2)-3 x 4 inserts.  I saw Kelly Purkey use this on one of her Project Life inserts and thought it was so clever.  I added more typed labels, letter stickers and Washi tape to the 4 x 6 photo insert.  I love the title of *storage wars* for this photo because I took a lot of slack about my new/old lockers.  Everyone around here thought they were ugly and asked when I was going to paint them.  But my design friends all assured me that they were just right.  Thanks girls.  :)
Here's the 3 x 4 inserts.  I used a Small Parcel Tag with stamping and Washi tape and adhered it to a Project Life journaling card. On the right I used the bottom portion of a 1 2 x 12 piece of patterned paper...the strip that has the company information.  I thought the Take Note name was fun to use.  I stamped over it with various Studio Calico stamps.
Awards Night for Josey along with some typewriter journaling and letter stickers.  I also used some word stickers along the side of the card.
A photo of Josey with a track friend and a Project Life journaling card, fancied up with a stamped circle and Washi tape.
And that's it for this week.  Thanks for stopping by.

Coming soon:
Cute new packaging for food and small gift items + a recipe for all those zucchini you may acquire this Summer.  New Washi tape too.

More Project Life updates + a "half way through the year" encouragement post.  

A night at the old school auction + what I brought home with me.  

More Summer Cottage pages from my mini album.  

5 comments:

Stacy Milford said...

LOVE your project life pages :) & really looking forward to seeing the recipe you share...I just made chocolate chip zucchini bread that my son loved!

Unknown said...

Your project life pages are amazing!

June K said...

Great pages, Mish. I must say, though, that the photo of Charlie, his pen, and his TORN UP MAT is a photo I can relate to the most. :) I guess he was very happy you left him a TOY.

SLMPetersen said...

Love the "Storage Wars" layout.

lisa westphal said...

I *LOVE* those lockers!! Girl...you have **THE BEST** taste!! Awesome layout...gonna have to order some of the notebook paper labels when they are available again. <3
Have a *spectacular* weekend!!
:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails