December 28, 2009

Folk Heart Valentine

Oh how I love this sweet Valentine. Papers and markers.....and scissors......and ribbon. It's everything homemade Valentines are meant to be. Endearing, reminiscent of our younger school days and downright fun. The only thing missing is Elmer's glue..and maybe some glitter.Karen Lockhart's Folk Heart stamp is the perfect addition to my Valentine. It's got such charm with it's pretty floral images and blanket stitched edging. I used my Copic Sketch markers to color the heart image in pretty pastels to match my patterned paper by Fancy Pants.
My heart image was cut out and adhered to a journaling block from Fancy Pants. The *be mine* sentiment is from Papertrey's Simple Valentine stamp set. My card is finished off with Papertrey Swiss Dot ribbon in Sweet Blush.

I hope you're having a simply sweet day. We're off to basketball practice this morning....but later on I'm hoping to put away my Christmas supplies and break out all things pink and red and glittery. Stay tuned for my 2010 Valentine's Inspiration Station. I'm happy just thinking about it. :)

11 comments:

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This card is adorable and just makes me SMILE:)

Peggy Sue said...

Everyday I check your site and must say am I rarely disappointed. Your cards are amazing. Really do not know how you have time or inspiration for a post almost everyday. Please keep them coming, they make my day.

Melisa Hunter said...

Very cute card! Love the colour combo, details and layout. You make such wonderful creations. It's so fun to visit your blog each day. Thanks for sharing!

Caryl P said...

What a sweet card, I love how you stayed pastel and didn't throw in a bright pink or red. Just gorgeous! And ditto to what Peggy Sue said, your post is one I look forward to daily!

Unknown said...

Awww - so sweet! I just read what Peggy Sue said and that is EXACTLY what's on my mind, too. You inspire me! If anyone were to ask what my card-making style is, I'd be at a loss except for, well "mish-y".
xoxo!

patriciad said...

Oh sooo pretty and happy and cheery. Isn't Sweet Blush the prettiest color ever?? Well, maybe except for Ocean Tide that is, but that's not too Valentine-y, although if anyone could make Ocean Tide look Valentine-y it would be YOU!! ;-)

Kathy R. said...

Very sweet Valentine ... and I can't wait to see your new inspiration station!!

Patty M said...

What a sweet card, love the springy colors. I am looking forward to your Valentine station...it always gets the creative juices flowing.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

How sweet is your card! I love the colours and the composition. I'm also looking forward to your Inspiration Station :) Thank you for being so inspiring!

Leanne said...

Such a sweet Valentine. Love your copic-colouring. :)

Barb Kirkwood said...

Mish, I have looked all over for the Fancy Pants paper you used for the background that looks like flowers only have hearts (kinda like wallpaper) and cannot find it. It's the background you used for the Lockheart heart card. Please advise

Related Posts with Thumbnails