May 10, 2010

JustRite CPS Sponsor

This week JustRite is sponsoring the CPS #166 sketch challenge. Be sure to check out the CPS site and the JustRite blog to view the sketch and check out the details on how to win a JustRite prize package.

For my cute card today, I'm using JustRite's Applique Decorative Border & Center Set 2"Square stamp set. The 2" square images from this set are perfect for this week's sketch challenge from CPS. If you check out the sketch from CPS, you'll notice that it's tall and skinny, not the shape of a regular A2 size card that I'm used to doing. I tried something a little different and cut my card base to 3-1/2" wide. This allowed me to adhere a piece of scallop cut patterned paper to the left side of my card. I love how it hangs out from the card base. My finished card size, including the scallops is about 4", still narrow enough to fit into an A2 size envelope. Love that idea and can't wait to use this on more cards.
For my card front, I really decked it out with all kinds of sewing themed goodies. I first stamped and colored my main JustRite image with Copic markers. I think this image looks like a piece of cut lace, perfect for my sewing themed card. Next I used pieces of patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl line. I am in deep love with it all. I really liked the mannequin image. I need a mannequin of my own and am on the hunt for one. (You'll see why later this week). I fancied up the mannequin with Papertrey Vintage Buttons tied with Rustic Jute Twine, using one piece of twine to thread all three buttons. The arrow is a punch out piece from some October Afternoon die cuts. The background also features some of my new Carnival Tickets from my Etsy shop. Several of the colors have sold out but I'll be stocking more soon. So fun! I even cut a little image of some scissors and adhered it to the center of one of the tickets. Cute! Peeking from behind the colored image is some of my Wrinkle Ribbon. I'll be having more of it in my shop within the next few weeks.
I stitched around the front of my card which left the stitching on the inside top of my card. I really don't like that look so I covered it up with some additional patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket line. For the sentiment portion of my card, I used Quilter's Sampler Additions from Papertrey. Notice the blotchy colors of Copic coloring? That was my test strip...which I also tested out my sentiment. I thought it looked kind of fun so I just used it for card. I love how those little happy things happen.
Here's my Copic colors I used, matching them to the Cosmo Cricket patterned paper.
Hope you enjoy my card today and maybe you can even play along with the sketch. Be sure to check out the JustRite blog for how to win some stamping goodies. Good luck! Stay tuned this week for LOTS more sewing goodness. I'm on the edge of my seat, just itching to show it all to you!! Have a great day, friends.

2 comments:

Alice said...

i love all the fun details you pun in this card, Michelle! so sweet!

Heather Rogers said...

Oh Michelle! I love it. This is just perfect. The DP, the stamp, everything. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails