May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Cards

Hi everyone, TGIF to you! Mother's Day will be here on Sunday...do you have your cards made? I whipped up these creations last night for my mom and Eric's mom. I'm so thankful we have them both in our lives. For the images, I used Vintage Picnic and Mother. I love to mix and match the sets together, nesting images with one another. The picnic basket was paper pieced with patterned paper and the flowers were colored with Copic Sketch markers. I also used a yellow Copic marker to highlight over my sentiment.
For my ribbon, I used some of my Wrinkle Ribbon along with a stamped Tiny Tag. Both the Wrinkle Ribbon and Tiny Tags will be up in my shop soon. Love using the Tiny Tags to tie onto ribbons.
And here's a new item that I'll be featuring in my Etsy shop....Carnival Tickets. They are so fun to add to cards, scrapbook pages, gift wraps, etc. Here, I used them on my card fronts to write additional mini messages to our mothers. All of the tags have blank areas that allow for journaling, messages, stamped images, die cuts, punched shapes, buttons and more. So fun, I hope you enjoy them! I have lots of colors available. Can't wait to show you a scrapbook page, using an entire strip of tickets as a journaling block. :)
For the inside of my cards, I added pieces of Rustic Cream cardstock so that my stamped sentiment would show up. I added two splashes of color to my sentiment by using my Copics just as you would a highlighter.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend. If the weather holds out, we'll be doing our annual shopping trip to the greenhouse for flowers and bedding plants. Gotta pick up some tomatoe plants and pepper plants too.....my homemade salsa would not be the same without them this summer! Later kiddos.

15 comments:

Country Mouse said...

Very pretty!!! Love the tickets and wrinkle ribbon!

Elizabeth S. said...

These are so pretty! I just love them.

carrot said...

Very pretty cards. I'm also glad to have those two special women in my life... and I need to trot out :D My cards are also ready for the Mother's Day :)

Jamie said...

Gorgeous cards! I love that ribbon, I have only been following your blog for a short time,(love your style) have you ever done a tutorial on the ribbon? Would love to know how you make it!

Donna K said...

very pretty as always. I love the picnic basket every time I see it. I don't know why I don't own that set!

victoria hassink said...

Love these cards. Your vintage picnic basket is perfect foe Mother's Day...I hope yours is a great one!

Alice said...

very lovely mother's day cards!

shelly said...

super cute cards!! I was looking at some back post did the kitty ever have kittens? based on a lot of card makers blog, I think a lot of us have felines.

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

so so cute i am loving the tickets!

Alicia said...

So cute! I love the way you wrote on the tickets as journaling spots.

Shauna said...

Those cards are great. I loev the little carnival tickets - how creative!

Kari D said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mish! Hope your day is filled with Reds, joy, and time with your Mum!

Card Crafter said...

Happy Mother's Day to a woman who mother's us all with her gentle wisdom, beautiful creations and kinds words!

AMIT said...

Very superb cards.

How to make a website

kae pea said...

love your blog and your work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails