May 27, 2010

Mini Sports Album

During softball season I take a ton of photos of the girls and the team. I rarely get to all those photos though to do any major scrapbooking. But a mini album is definitely doable. By gathering up a few supplies, I created a mini scrapbook kit that I can reach for when I want to showcase a few photos of the girls' softball games. By printing photos at home, I can easily add a few into my mini sports album here and there as time allows.First up , I gathered some supplies into a nugget tin. My goodies include ribbon, twine, stamped and punched embellishments, journaling pieces from Green Boutique, buttons, rub ons, softball themed paper snippets and more.
I decorated the front of my mini sports album using Green Boutique paper, All Star Team & Additions stamp sets and A Little Argyle. I love all the mixy matchy stamping.
Here's what the inside of my mini album looks like. For the base pages I used some old sheets of ledger paper that I had in my stash. You could easily use patterned paper, etc.
My first few pages feature the girls at bat.
So easy to just reach for embellishments from my little tin. I'll add a little journaling at a later time.
Extra embellishment pieces and/or photos could be tucked into the pockets. Notice I used the new envelope liner die and more Green Boutique paper. I love the fancy factor it gives my mini album.
Here's how I assembled my mini album, so very simple to do. I used two A2 Kraft envelopes adhered together as shown below (bottom of photo). Use whatever adhesive you use for card making, etc. The top of the photo shows about 5 ledger sheets that have been sewing into the *spine* of the album. Makes for a pretty sturdy little album.
Here's the album spread out for another view. Edges were inked with Fresh Snow.
And there ya have it folks. These would be perfect for grandparents or to take to the office or tuck in your purse. Or totally switch up the theme to create little mini vacation albums....or highlight a birthday party or graduation celebration. The sky's the limit and you're sure to hit a home run with these! Have fun!

33 comments:

Country Mouse said...

Great idea! Love the colors!! Very cute mini album!!!

Cassandra said...

You have inspired me Mish. My parents-in-law are going to England for 3 months to see family, so this would be lovely and compact for them to take. Thanks for the idea (such beautiful colours as well).

itsallrosi said...

my daughter plays sports all year round with softball being her favorite sport. this book is perfect!

Lynn said...

Love, love, love. I am in love with your mini album...perfect!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Mish, this is brilliant!! LOVE the envelope album, and how it has those two pockets for extra goodies. LOVE the make-ahead embellies (now I'm thinking of a new way to do a December Daily album.... whaddaya think??) LOVE the mixy matchy vintagey goodness. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Mish! Have a great weekend! :)

Dawn said...

Such a cute mini album! I love it!

Ellie said...

OH my gosh!!! I love this album! Right now we eat,breathe live anything Baseball... Next weekend starts our playoffs and this would be AWESOME to make for my oldest son! WOW... LOVE IT :)

mj said...

what a cute and fun album! thanks for the tutorial and inspiration!

Anonymous said...

This is is adorable. I love the tutorial you included. I am going to use this idea.

Thanks so much for sharing.

kay.miracle@yahoo.com

Patti J said...

Amazing! Thanks for the motivation and inspiration!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

That is the cutest little album! Thanks for sharing!

Christina Fischer said...

I am always inspired every time I visit you here! I love this idea! :)

Lorus! said...

So easy and so cute! What a fabulous idea!

Anonymous said...

Super cute Mish! I really like how you took a more masculine set & made it girly with trendy colors. The album is super cute. TFS!

Carol Trejo said...

Mish, this is so cute. Love the ledger paper. Did you do the holes or did it come like that. What an adorable idea. So, so cute. TFS

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh! How clever! I've made scrapbooks with envelopes before, but never with a book inside. That is too stinkin' adorable!

Maureen Morton said...

You've done it again, girlfriend! Too darn cute. Love all the pieces and how they go together!

Lisa said...

Love the album! This is such a cute idea! I like to make mini brag books for my friends who are having babies (babies are just popping out allllll over the place these days) and think this would be a super cute new way to do them.

I might need a few instructions about how you sewed the pages in?

Thanks for sharing!

Barb Moyer said...

OH I love this!! I love making mini albums and my DD started softball this year and am looking forward to an album. I don't have the PT set with the sports balls but I think I might have to get it! Great job on the album - love the colors!

marcie said...

wow I love this idea! will you be selling these kits?

pattylt said...

You are such an amazing inspiration. Such a sweet (and do-able) project. Love it!

Jessica said...

Very cute!!! I love the unexpected factor of pix in envelopes. This would make a lovely gift for Grand parents who live far away! TFS

mum2maggie said...

I love this mini envelope album!!!! your album is giving me inspiration to create a soccer album for my daughter!!! can you share how you hole punched the page edges??

Anonymous said...

Amazing mini album. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Juanita B said...

Fabulous work. MY!!! How the girls have grown! TFS.

Jenn Copeland said...

Mish, ya did it again! This is DARLING! This could also be pre-made for a trip you are going on, or a camp...the possibilities are endless! Ahhh, to have a creative brain like yours! :)

Unknown said...

Super cute keepsake. Great idea, thanks for sharing xx

Unknown said...

this mini album is awesome...your ideas always take by breath away. love it, love it, love it....

thanks for the inspiration!!!

Jeanette

Turtle In The Sand said...

Just the thing for my daughter. She follows two All Stars around the Baseball Circuit and all she would have to do is add pictures. Her birthday is coming up in 2 weeks. I'd better get busy, Ha Ha

Jen said...

Ta-Da. The wonders from Mish continue! I love it. Great idea. I take TONS of sports pix as well. These would be great to hand to Grands, Uncs and the sort.

Helen F. said...

Fabulous gift idea, Mish! Thanks for the 'how to' details and your creative inspiration.

Alice said...

so cute! i love the colors you used!! love it!

Unknown said...

Love the book. So cool. Wish I could tell just a little bit better how those pages were sewn in. Couldn't quite tell from the photo showing the back with the fresh snow inking where the stitched seam was.....but an adorable and quick idea that I love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails