May 14, 2010

Papertrey May Release

Hey everyone, I know it's a wild and crazy time with the Papertrey release this month. I have a few of my projects from the Papertrey gallery to show you. Hope you enjoy!

This card is made from Take Three:Summer. Love this bright and cheery color combination and the fantastic new patterned papers!
So many fun details too!
And my favorite project from the May release uses Nichole's new stamp set Up, Up & Away. I colored all the hot air balloons with Copic markers. I love how striking and vivid the colors are. And there's a die template for each of the three balloons. Heaven! Oh and the clouds...those are die cuts too. Heaven and on cloud nine!
Try layering the two cloud shapes together for a really fluffy sky. So cute! Add some glitter to make that silver lining.
Thread some twine around a balloon and anchor the ends to the card base with glue dots. I love this idea. And check out the Carnival Tickets along the left edge. I added the tiniest balloon to the top one, a $5 ride price to the middle one (using Trademarks and Beth's new Get to the Point set) and a paper pieced arrow to the bottom ticket (from Beth's Get to the Point set). Again, the tickets tie in with the whole balloon ride theme. Love.
And guess what? All of the other Papertrey girls are joining in at midnight to show you some of their creations too from this month's release. See my blog links at the left under the Papertrey Design Team. I hope you all enjoy this month's release!! I'm sure your patience will be appreciated during this huge more for PTI. :)

13 comments:

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

I so love that set...I need to go place my order! :-) Thanks for great inspiration!

Geny said...

Love all your projects, you're right that balloon card ROCKS!! Have a great weekend Mish!

MarieL said...

Gorgeous cards as always, Michelle.
I purchased 5 stamp sets tonight and with all the trouble I hope I get credit for next years anniversary sets. Boy was it a stressful experience but it is so relaxing, enjoying your wonderful cards.

Taheerah said...

Love your double fluffy card Mish! I can't wait for my goodies to arrive - why aren't they here yet?!! lol!

jan metcalf said...

Love how you tied down the main balloon as if you are waiting for the person to Fly Away with you!!

dolcreations said...

Your balloon card is awesome! Of to check out all the new goodies at Papertrey! Have a wonderful weekend!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Both cards are wonderful! Love the colors you have used on them and all the pretty pattern paper. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ellie said...

OH Love it! Can't wait to get my goodies so I can play :) Amazing as always Michelle.

Sandra Korten said...

These cards are wonderful!! Love it.
Sandra :-)

diane mcvey said...

Your cards are all FABULOUS! I love every thing you did. That hot air balloon with the tickets is PRICELESS! LOVE IT! You always do amazing work...I can't wait to get my PTI orders! (yep, 2 in 24 hours! ha)

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE your Fly away with me card - especially how you used the twine to look like it was keeping the hot air balloon tied to the ground. FAB card!

Shauna said...

these are both adorable! I really like that colour combo and the buttons.

Alice said...

love your beautiful and colorful projects, Michelle! thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails