May 28, 2010

Introducing Parcel Tags

What used to be used for shipping tags are now a hot item in my paper crafting world. I just love creating tags so I decided to carry some in my Etsy shop so that I'd always have some on hand to create with. I'll be carrying 3 sizes of Manilla Parcel Tags...Small, Medium and Large. I'll also be carry Medium Pink Parcel Tags. You can purchase the tags in tied bundles of 10. The Manilla Parcel Tags will also be sold in a Tag Trio bundle(10 of each manilla tag size) in case you want all three sizes with the click of one button. Visit the shop to find out all the sizes, details, prices, etc.

To kick off the Parcel Tags, I thought I would offer up a little Mishie Mini Kit and a sample of what you can do with the fun new tags. In the kit, you'll receive the supplies in the photo below times two....enough to create two tags. In my true Thrift Store Decor style, I used some darling vintage flowery fabric swatches that I stitched to a Large Manilla Parcel Tag. A snippet of Wrinkle Ribbon is tied to the tag. A carnival ticket and a Simply Chartreuse felt flower(made with Papertrey's Beautiful Blooms II#3 Die Collection) with a Vintage Button center and striped orange and white twine finish off the kit. Instead of finishing a completed tag, I'm leaving a little creativity for you. :) It's always fun to have something to start with and then just build upon that idea, right?
But a sample is always good too, right? Got it! Here's a sample of what you can do to complete an eclectic, colorful tag.
Using all the pieces from one tag set from the Mishie Mini Kit, I added October Afternoon cardstock as backgrounds and sentiment blocks. I also added a little stamping of that cute little image from Lisa's new Just for You stamp set.
I just love the mixy match look that you can create with tags. It's a smaller *canvas* to work with so it's easy to just add a collage of items til you have it just right. Notice what I did with the tag ribbon. It started out as long strands that might be a little floppy on a card. A few simple twists of the Wrinkle Ribbon and a few staples from Tiny Tim (Tim Holtz's stapler) and my ribbon is now secured to my tag. I adhered the tag to my card front and added a few more tied Vintage Buttons....notice the rule of odd numbers for the buttons and the visual triangled created by using three of the same color buttons. Remember our little lesson a while back on card design?
Oh, how I love these tags. You can use them for cards like I've done or embellish to use as gift tags for bags and boxes.....embellish treat sacks....hang off baskets or jar....use on scrapbook pages four journaling.....tie to a Pretty Little Apron (more coming soon).....or start a tag swap with some of your friends and collect the tags like trading cards. Ohhhhh, just you wait and see. The possibilities are endless!

Note: The new Parcel Tags and a handful of the Mini Mishie Tag Kits will be up in my Etsy shop on Saturday morning...after I can get some good photos of them with better light. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Alice said...

beautiful tag and card!! so cute!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

How fun! I can't believe how much we like the same things. I just sold a BUNCH of those large tags on my garage sale. (still have 100's for myself).

Gail S. said...

I just BOUGHT a bunch of these tags at Debbie Fisher's garage sale!! Great idea on how to use them - Thank you Mish - you are awesome and keep the ideas coming. Love U!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails