May 30, 2010

Memorial Weekend..

Hey everyone, hope you having a nice Memorial weekend. The weather is beautiful here in Kansas. No rain, not much wind, clear skies....just beautiful. Last night we kicked off the long weekend with a BBQ at some friends. Good food, good friends, the girls swam in the pond and jumped off the dock....lots of fun.

Eric sure surprised me when he dug out my old cooler chest. I love this old thing but usually I get the raised eyebrow when I bring out my old junk. He washed off the dust......
...and filled it with ice cold beer and my margaritas in quart jars. I had lots of people at the party ask about my old ice cooler. And when we broke out the jars of margis, we had plenty of sippers.
We've also been sittin' on the porch a lot, enjoying all the pretty flowers and good ol' country scenery. I'm loving this adirondack chair that my dad made when he was in high school. He dug it out of an old shed for me.
Well, Eric and Jordan are mowing. Josey and her friend Megan are still in bed. I'm headed to the kitchen to mix up some little BBQ goodness of our own. That is, right after I grab a cup of coffee and sit outside on the porch..in my night gown. Love these kinds of mornings.

9 comments:

TracyJ said...

Enjoy your day! My hubby just shakes his head when I bring home old tin and metal boxes and tool caddys.

Diane Jaquay said...

Sigh... what an idyllic weekend Mish, sitting on a lovely porch in your jammies sipping coffee, may I join you ;)

Lemon Lane Studio said...

Sounds like my kind of morning. Have a blessed weekend!

Jamie said...

Sound like heaven! I love weekend mornings when the sun is shining and I have nothing pressing to do.

bonnie said...

I love your blog...it's always full of goodness of all sorts ;) sweet hugs to you and enjoy your weekend! Bonnie xoxox

yvette said...

Have a great day hey where is the recipe card for the Margaritas!!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

sounds like a beautiful morning! can't sit in my jammies here as we live along the highway and too many farmers out early in the morning doing chores. Ü

Janelle Janish said...

Loved this post! Glad you are enjoying the country life! I miss it sometimes now that I live in the big city. :)

Becky said...

Mish,

Great stuff. Can you post your margi recipe?

Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails