May 23, 2010

Hello friend...

Hi all, it's a windy, balmy, sticky, humid, moist day here in Kansas. Sounds peachy doesn't it? My hair is all a frizzled. Don't come over.

Instead, how about I share a fun card with you made in my Thrift Store Decor style? The hubster and the reds and three other girls that trickled into our household today are all at ball practice. I decided to take a break from admiring my hair and head down to the artsy studio. I just love to see my little supplies all scattered about. Makes me happy even though I have a high humidity headache like you wouldn't believe.
I used some more goodies from yesterday's kit I put up in my Etsy shop. Today I used two of the patterned paper doodads tied up with buttons and black twine. All of my papers and stamps are from October Afternoon's The Thrift Shop line....I think I was meant to have it all simply for the name of this line, right?
The adorable flower stamp from October Afternoon's Cherry Hill line is the perfect base for the doodads when you want to create a flower scene. I just plopped the doodads right where the stamped flowers should be. The little journaling blocks that punch out from the Thrift Shop Journal Cards are so fun to create with. They give you a good starting base for your project. The bottom of card features two of the carnival tickets that come with the Mixy Matchy DooDads kit. I love to cut scraps of paper and fill in the little rectangles of the tickets, such a scrappy, cute look. Wrinkle Ribbon in two colors finish off the card with an additional button tied with black twine. (More Wrinkle Ribbon coming soon. Soon=Gimme a little while.)
Sigh. So colorful. So mixy matchy. I could stamp all day....but I think a load of girls are coming back to the house and they might like a fresh batch of cookies, methinks. In the summer, we become the pick up and drop off place for lost and wayward softball girls. I think they just come for the cookies and milk.

Okay. One more thing before I go. This week I am gonna have some sewing goodies to share with you in my Etsy shop. Some of my mixy matchy aprons and something brand new....brand new to the shop but of course in Thrift Store Decor style. New product and new concept to go with it. You will love. Stay tuned. Me and my frizz gotta split. Get it?

20 comments:

scrappinkay said...

I love your cards, they are so colorful and unique. I'm a fellow Kansan as well, I live in Topeka. It is so humid today after all the rain we've had and now we get these 85-90 degree days, it is just crazy weather this year.

Anyway just wanted to let you know that your cards are gorgeous.

Patti J said...

You are so funny! Bet you look beautiful! By the way I'd certainly come over for milk and cookies! (and stamping!) Love your card - perfection!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mish. It is crazy humid here in Chicago too. I am not a lover of hot and humid weather, so I am happy to be inside watching hockey of all things. Your card is super cute, and I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next. Have a nice evening. Erin

Sabrina said...

I love this! It's so light, airy, and cheerful. Makes me think of Summer. Here in Calgary we've had strange weather; it should be nearly summer weather, but we still get some cold days and freezing at night.So I love seeing Summer in your card. Thanks.

FabĂ­ola said...

Lindos seu trablhos!
beijos

Lynn said...

Michelle - you crack me up....the humidity has arrived in Cincinnati too...just got back from baseball and went up stairs brushed my hair and hairsprayed it again...nasty!! :)

Love your cards as always! Don't you love being the meeting spot for the kids? Makes me smile! I have all boys and we're often the drop off too...love it!

Country Mouse said...

Super cute card!! Love that style! I'm just south of you in Texas and we've got humidity, heat and wind too!! Oh...and mosquitos!!!

Tricia T said...

You are a stitch!!! :-) I hope your headache calms down soon. Those are so nasty!! Enjoy your cookies. I'm going to make some as soon as I finish the dishes. They'll be my reward!!

Unknown said...

love the card - i live in the southern california desert and we woke up to SNOW!!!!it's the end of May for goodness sake! so - no matter where ya live this weather is going crazy!!

Debbie said...

A-dorable Mish :)

Debbie R. said...

Love your card. I need to get some of that pretty paper and the journaling tags. I made my first batch of the season of your easy squeezy cranberry lime cooler for me and my redheaded daughter today. It was so good on a hot day!

Eveline said...

Lovely card.
Eveline.

Cassie said...

oh such a yummy card mish! i scored a vintage lace tablecloth at an estate sale this weekend. in perfect shape so really happy i held out for one that was "perfect"

Sharon Basel said...

Very sweet card. I always look forward to seeing your creations - your style is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Alice said...

very sweet card, Michelle! i love it!

dolcreations said...

I so love your card Mish! I love how you tell your stories!!! I wish all of could come by for some craft and some cookies!!!!

Tami McBeain said...

Milk, cookies, cards, doodads, thrift store paper...ahhhhh sounds like a perfect day...frizzy hair and all! It's crazy humid and miserable here in MN too.

Kari D said...

Hey there chica! Right back at cha, hot, humid, headache! Once again we skipped spring and went straight from winter (snow on Mother's Day, boo, hiss) to summer! So to combat my frizzy hair I washed it and put it in a bun soaking wet! No, that will not keep it from frizzing later, but hey, it was the best I could do since I had to give a presentation this afternoon and I was hoping the audience would look at the slides instead of wondering how "that woman" got all that hair on her head!!!! Love your Vintage-y looks! LOVE the wrinkle ribbon! Love the doo-dads! NOW I MUST pop an Advil and get back to work! Hope your headache is feeling better so you can whip us up some more inspiration!

Suzanne Klein said...

Do you have any cute ideas for graduation gifts for my daughters friends?

patriciad said...

This card is cute as always. Oh the weather in Chicago is yuck too. It would have been nice if the temperature had transitioned from, oh say, 50 to 60 to 70, etc., but nooooooo, it went from 50 to 90. What's the deal with that??? Phooey, but it does make for good "stay inside with the ac blasting and stamp" weather. I guess the trick is to make the best of a bad situation, right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails