October 5, 2010

2010 Halloween Inspiration Station

Hi friends, it's October which means Halloween is coming.  I love all things spooky and scary....orange and black......frightful and delightful.  Pumpkins and gourds, witches and bats, black cats and ghosts.....it's all so fun!  Without further delay, it's time to show you my 2010 Halloween Inspiration Station.  I use this old wooden carrying tray with inserts to keep all my Halloween goodies tucked inside.  By keeping themed supplies all in once place, you get a good idea as to what supplies you actually have on hand.  It's fun to go shopping in your own boxes and bins.  Plus, it's very inspiring to see all the goodies grouped together.  You can pick and choose from all the trinkets and baubles and papers.  Of course I don't use each and every item that I tuck into my Inspiration Stations.....I just use what inspires me at the moment and the rest goes back into my stash when the holiday is over.  Fun stuff!
You all know that I love me some tags!  This season, I've aged a stash of tags so that they look worn and tattered.  The tags shown below are Small and Medium Manila Parcel Tags, Medium Orange Parcel Tags and Large Metal Rim Tags from my Etsy shop.
Love the little baubles and embellishments tucked into vintage jello molds.  Here I have felt ghosts, old checker pieces, bats, glittery flowers, buttons and rhinestone sequin buttons.
Vintage ribbons and laces and ric racs are always fun.  I've added some burlap in there too for so me great texture.
Vintage buttons in jars and jello molds....Martha Stewart glitters.
And my faves this year that I'm hoarding.....Bingo cards of all sorts and these vintage playing cards with the number 13 on them.
A little stash of my Rustic Clothespins, dyed in yellow and orange....
And Halloween papers of all sorts...some of my faves this year are from The Girls Paperie.
I love this old orange and black tin that I got a garage sale...perfect for tucking in a few Halloween goodies to display on my desk.
And how about a few projects made with my Halloween goodies?  I just love these little stuffed felt ghosts that I got on clearance last year from Making Memories.  I used them front and center on a few collaged tags.  Simply slap on some papers, sticker borders, ric rac, flowers, buttons.....an Orange Soda Carnival Ticket under the ghost....and stitch up the sides with dark thread to keep it in place.
I tied the tags to some Brown Paper Sacks that I will fill with candy bars or homemade treats.  I've got a few friends that I'm sure would love some fun Halloween mail!
I used black Wrinkle Ribbon, a snippet of orange lace and Kraft Silk Ribbon to tie the tags around the sacks.  As you can see in the background below, border stickers make for some quick and easy accent pieces....I used snippets on my tags and across the sack fronts.  Such cute little goody bags....with a vintage flair.
Hope you enjoy!  Please feel free to share what your plans are this Halloween.  Jordan's birthday party is finally is this weekend and we're making caramel apples, mummy looking pigs in a blanket and witches fingers....I haven't gotten much further than that.  I think I'll get out my Halloween decorations so it will look festive when her little friends come over!

14 comments:

Laurie said...

I love seeing your inspiration station! TFS!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh mish! This post is adorable and I love the idea of grouping everything together by theme... I can't wait to try this with my stash of craft supplies. Love it!

Ingrid Danvers said...

I always love your posts. You really know how to put all the different embellishments together. Love your inspiration station.

Tami McBeain said...

Oh I love your inspiration station posts Mish! So much lovely goodness in one space to choose from. Thanks for sharing!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Mish, your Inspiration Stations are definitely some of my very favorite posts! I just love seeing all of your goodies together - it inspires me to make my own and to get crafting!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that inspiration station, i LOVE Halloween but it is not a very big holiday over here in the uk :( xx

Karey said...

I love the vintage tin!

Rosie Lilya said...

Just stopping by to get my daily dose of inspiration! Love this idea to have everything together.
Thanks for making my day complete :)

Cele Schaffer said...

Mish you never fail to get us in the mood for Holidays and making FUN things to celebrate with! LOVE your inspiration-this is sick but I can't wait every day to get to your blog!!HA HA!Please keep doing more Halloween,Fall and Thanksgiving and then none of us can wait to see Christmas creations especially those note pads! And while your at it (HA)why not a tutorial for a Christmas planner!! Just to give you something to do. WE LOVE YOU!!

Pam said...

Love it! I want to be one of your friends that receive these little goodies! Love Halloween and your display - just darling!

Diana said...

Thank you for posting your inspiration station. These are some of my favorite posts. I started doing them myself and find it so much easier to see everything I have for each season. You are so good.

scrapfancy said...

Love the tags and yes you can send some goodies myway.LOL

Loving the Halloween jars and making my cards.

Evelin said...

love the squishy looking ghouls! so cute! :)

LMcBurney said...

YOU are my inspiration station! I just love following your blog. I wil try to catch those cute notebooks on Etsy. Thanks for sharing your passion with me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails