March 15, 2009

Glittered Scalloped Embellishments

Oh boy, was Papertrey's release a fun one this month! I can't wait for you to see my cards today as I just love Melissa's new set called Wishing You. Did you get some fun goodies...tell me what was your favorite this month!!

Have you noticed all the scallop embellishments and border punches lately? I see them everywhere on cards and scrapbook pages. I really love the look of the 12" x 12" scalloped paper, especially the glittery ones...but at $2 bucks a sheet or more, it can get pricey. Especially when what you really want is that outside scalloped border. Well, let's just create our own glittery, scalloped embellishments. All you have to do is cut white cardstock into strips and use your border punch to make the scallops. This particular border punch is by Fiskars and it cuts out the circles as it punches the scallops. I found mine at my local scrapbook store. Next, all you have to do is press the scalloped portion into a glue pad...I love to use The Essential Glue Pad. It comes with the glue refill bottle and it's important to refill your pad a little each time you use it. You get maximum stickiness that way. Then just use a piece of scrap paper and dump some glitter over the glued scallops. I used Martha Stewart glitter here, available at Walmart or Michael's.
I just love this card layout which I saw in the current Stampin' Up! catalog. I used strips of Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday paper, my glittered embellishments and some Vintage Buttons tied up with thin twine.
My Happy Easter sentiment was stamped with the Simple Alphabet set and cut and embossed wtih a Spellbinders Scalloped Die Nestabilities Template. The fun tulips are from one of my new favorite sets called Wishing You. I can tell it's going to be my go to set for Springy cards. The base cards are from Kraft cardstock, inked with Fresh Snow ink using Polka Dot Basics. The tulip layer has machine stitching around the outside top layer.
And here's a similar version of the cards, using different a Sweet Blush cardstock base and a different pattern of the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday patterned paper. I MUST go add this sketch to my idea book, it's a keeper.

Tip: I used Scor-Tape (available at Papertrey) to secure down my glittered scalloped strip and the patterned paper strip.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are sensational, Mish. How ingenious to have glittered up the scallops! It adds such playfulness to the card. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Michelle!! Absolutely in love with these cards!!

Ruby Craft said...

Mish! I never would have thought to make a border strip and add glitter to it! It is just the right touch of sparkle to brighten anyone's day. I will definitely need to add this to my card making bag of tricks!

Gail S. said...

Love these cards for Easter - so springy! The glitter makes it POP!!

Valerie said...

Well aren't you the sparkly smarty pants! Terrific idea and wonderful layout Mish!

Karen said...

Love the glittered scallops and the cosmo paper and the card sketch, actually I love everything about these cards. One of the things I don't like about the glittered cardstock (besides the price) is how hard it can be to cut. I have got to go make some glittered borders. Love how your brain works. Happy Sunday

MarieL said...

I love this card, but then I can't say that I don't love any of your ideas.
Had fun at the party last night. I bought Life, Guidelines 2, Mega Messages and a few other things. I am a newbie to PTI. Only my second order.

Lisa said...

How sweet! I've never sent Easter cards before but this year I just might! Thanks for all the creative inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I love your Easter cards! The new PTI set looks great with your glittered scallops and designer paper. I'm going to make some glittered scallops and maybe even try some flocked scallops. Thanks for your great ideas and blog!

Linda Carson said...

Very elegant, very creative

Anonymous said...

LOVE the glittered strips. I am going to try this out this week! Thanks for sharing.

Helen said...

These are so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your lovely ideas
Helen x

Anonymous said...

I ordered Wishing You when the clock struck midnight - along with lots of other stuff! These cards are gorgeous Mish. I like seeing the different ways people use the border punches.

Chris said...

These are just so gorgeous - I love how you share so many of your great ideas with us - a daily fix of inspiration!

Toni K said...

WOW! Love these soooo much! You rock!

Jen said...

LOVE this idea. You are super clever!!
Thank you for sharing

MaryNSC said...

O MY gosh BEAUTIFUL!!

MaryNSC said...

OOO I made a card with this idea.. THANK U!!
Posted it on my blog..:O)

Related Posts with Thumbnails