February 28, 2013

October Afternoon 9 to 5 "business cards"...

Hey everyone, today I'm sharing a post over at the October Afternoon blog.  I'm creating some cute "business cards" using the Shorthand paper from the 9 to 5 collection.  
I cut apart the fun office girl images and used them separately to create some whimsical cards for my mother-in-law.  
Lots of fun elements from the 9 to 5 collection.  You can read more at the OA blog.
My vintage typewriter was put to good use on these stamped Medium Manila Tags.  The fun rotary phone image is also from the 9 to  5 collection.
A fun couple of cards in total office supply style.
If you're visiting from the October Afternoon blog, here's how I created the small coffee stains you see on my cards (check out the corners on the cards below).  I sprayed the Buttermilk Sprinkler onto a craft mat then used a glitter container to stamp the image.  Just tap the container into the puddle of Sprinklers and then stamp on the cards.  If you want a life size coffee stain simply use a real coffee mug.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Hope your day is great!http://octoberafternoon.typepad.com/october_afternoon/2013/02/business-cards-with-michelle.html

15 comments:

Heaven said...

Can I ask what kind of typewriter you use?

Unknown said...

These cards are so cute!! I love your stamping/cards and I love "office-y" stuff, put them together and I am in heaven.
I have both this OA line of paper and the stamp set that goes with it. I need to pull them out this weekend and make some similar cards. You are always such great inspriation.--Diana F.

cjgusloff57 said...

Cute, fun cards. I used to work in an insurance office, so these cards are right up my alley! Used a vintage typewriter too! Wish I had that old thing now. Corrine Ann

Unknown said...

This are so cute!! I have my mom's old typewriter and I think you have pushed me over the edge...I must find some typewriter ribbon so I can actually use it. Thanks so much for the inspiration and the motivation!!

Linda said...

Cute cards. I love October Afternoon paper. Hey, I took shorthand in high school. I'm dating myself aren't I?

Becky said...

COFFEE STAINS???!!! Omg!!!! Love!

Carmen said...

Thank you for making cards with your paper and bring some inspiration for some of us that are not into scrapbooking

Basement Stamper said...

Love your cards, the typing on them adds the perfect touch. I mentioned you on my blog today as my "blog crush" :-)

suzeyq said...

These cards are adorable...I love it all, even down to the faux coffee stains!!

jbonomo said...

OMG! Those are the cutest cards EVER! Thank you for sharing......just love them!

Nynaboo said...

I've had this same paper for months now and wasn't quite sure how to use it,what a wonderful idea.

Lisa Petrella said...

What an outstanding way to use that patterned paper!! I LOVE these cards you created!! The typing, the coffee stains, the decorative brads, the tags----it's all just perfectly fun!!!!

Lynn Put said...

These are too stinkin' cute! I know I don't usually comment (I know I'm rotten) but I've been a long time subscriber and just wanted to say that I have always loved your work and you've inspired me in many different ways throughout the years...so thank you! :)

tonyamaries said...

Seriously cute! Love these!

Anonymous said...

And I went and spent money buying coffee stain stamps! Yours look just as good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails