February 18, 2013

Summer fun...

Hi there.  Yesterday I was a guest blogger for Market Street Stamps.  The folks at MSS were kind enough to send a me a stamp set to work with and I chose the Gone Campin' set.  As you might recall, my parents recently acquired a 16" vintage Airstream camper in great condition.  We're looking forward to sprucing it up a bit and having some fun with it this Summer.  I thought a few cards like the one below might be fun to send to guests that visit our camper.  
 I stamped the cute camper image onto grey patterned paper then paper pieced it and layered it onto an already stamped image.  I added some shading with my Copic markers to add dimension.  Along the top of the card I added a popped up, hand cut garland to create a party atmosphere.  I plan to create a real garland of this fashion using some of my vintage sheets I've collected over the years.
 For my sentiment I used a Medium White Tag with typewriter journaling.
Here's hoping that warm weather comes soon.  I'm kinda over the cold weather and all of the flu that has been hanging around our neck of the woods.  I'm ready for a road trip in the Airstream!!  Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty, Michelle! The light colors and the hand-cut pennants are the perfect touch! Thank you for joining us this week!

pinkladynz said...

Lovely! I would like camping in an airstream especially if it was done retro! Here'hoping for spring.

Becky said...

Dang it, so cute! That garland reminds me of those old lights my Dad's cousins use to hang around their camper, you know what I'm talking about?? Love it!

Linda said...

Just. Too. Cute. Can't wait to see pics of the camper.

Pam said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card ! so cute ! I would love to have an airstream but I think we are going with a toy hauler instead.

Related Posts with Thumbnails