February 15, 2013

Project Life 2012...Week 3

I'm back today with Week 3 of my Project Life 2013.  I a few photos to share first for some Pick & Choose fun.  Many of you have commented that you like the "before" type photos of the process of picking and choosing products for a project.  So for this week I picked 3 photos that stood out to me because of the color orange that was in all of the photos.  As a fun exercise I rummaged through my stash of patterned papers and chose ones that I thought might work well with the photos.  I knew full well that I wouldn't use all of these patterns but it's fun none the less to do a little shopping in my own stash.

 I did the same thing with my Washi tapes and embellishments, choosing some that had the orange theme.
 Then I thumbed through my journaling cards to find some orange themed inserts.  Lots of goodies to choose from.
Then it was time to get to work on my 2 page spread.  I knew that I wanted to tie all the orange in the photos together so I treated this week like a 2 page traditional scrapbook layout.  I repeated small bits of my favorite patterns here and there to tie all the page elements together.  I think I only ended up using small bits of just 2 of the patterned papers.  Then I chose other elements sparingly....just because I had lots of orange embellishments, it certainly didn't mean that I had to clutter my pages up with all of them.  
Here's my 2 page weekly spread for Week 3.  I didn't have any inserts this week so I think seeing the full weekly spread all blend together with similar elements was exactly the look I was going for.
This is the left page.
Here's the right page.
I am really enjoying the combination of the weekly date information combined with the week in review events.  I'm calling this 4 x 6 insert my Calendar Card.  It's where I get really scrappy and have fun with just working with paper pretties...sometimes a small photo.  This base card is from Elle's Studio.
On to the 4 x 6 inserts.  I used this colorful My Mind's Eye patterned paper as a base with a portion of a grid card on the bottom for typewriter journaling + an Evalicious tag for the stamped date.
My goofy Jordan blesses this insert.  I stitched on an Evalicious tag + typed my journaling on a Grid Paper Label.
Here I trimmed down a Seafoam Project Life card then typed my journaling + added stamping, Washi tape and a trimmed down Small Manila Parcel Tag.
A fun 3 x 4 insert using a journaling card from my stash (maybe Studio Calico?) + another Small Manila Parcel Tag + a badge and small letter stickers. Love those tiny letter stickers included in the SC Project Life kits.
The left 3 x 4 card is from Evalicious with some patterned paper stitched on.  The right photo has a tag from Studio Calico with typed journaling.
Another 3 x 4 insert with typewriter journaling, the small stickers, stitched patterned paper using orange thread and some small enamel dots & a brad.
That's a wrap for this week.  This was a fun one!

This weekend you'll find me.....
We're headed to Lawrence, Kansas for the KU basketball game.  Josey and her Grandma Woody get to to attend the big game while the rest of us hang out and shop & scope out a good place to watch the game.  My father-in-law scored some good/(pricey) seats for Josey and my MIL who has never been to a KU game.  The rest of us are going to have fun spending Eric's Vegas winnings, ha!  

So if you know of some good shops and a fun place to watch the game, I'd love to read your comments.  I'm planning on hitting the fabric shop, the yarn shop, some antique shops and who knows what else!  Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, I love looking at all the stuff you pull out for your "before" shots, the products all grouped together just make me happy!
I hope you have a great shopping day and you "find" lots of wonderful things that make you happy.
Diana F.

Pat said...

Thanks for the close up shots. I love pouring over each and every detail of them.

Unknown said...

I agree with Pat, thank you for the close-up shots. I haven't been brave enough to do a week without using a core kit as my foundation but you just about have me convinced! Question: How did you cut your "week of" words?
Thanks as always for all the inspiration!

Moonie said...

just beautiful Michelle.. I love the way you shop through your stash first. I have started doing this too and find it not so overwhelming as I have a s.. load of papes and choices and yes it does get overwhelming.. but I am slowly getting there.. Funny thing is I have been scrapping for 8 years and I was struggling with PL.. I think it is because you have to match up more than one photo.... thats the easy part with a 12x12 page xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails