February 8, 2013

2013 Project Life cover page....

TGIF everyone.  I forgot to share my 2013 Project Life cover page so here goes.  This page is the opposite side to the very first week of my Project Life 2013 spreads.  I chose four of my favorite patterned papers that represent what style I like.
The main information about the album is contained in this 4 x 6 insert. I used an XL Manila Parcel Tag and layered on a portion of a 3 x 4 journaling card, chipboard numbers and my favorite Washi tape.  The Washi tape has the information that this is Album #1 for this year.  On the bottom of the tag I stamped the beginning date then typed "through".....I'll go back and stamp the current date of when this album gets too full (probably May or June).  
 The middle 3 x 4 inserts are Project Life grid cards with each of our names in chipboard letters.  I typed our age and our status below the stitched letters.
 This year I want to incorporate the number 4 more often, denoting that there are four members in our family.  I'm on the lookout for a giant 4 industrial type signage letter to hang in our tv room.  Here I used a Small White Tag + a stapled on chipboard number + some stitched on ledger papers.
 For this 4 x 6 insert, I incorporated my One Little Word for this year.....find. I used the badge from Studio Calico and a tag from a recent kit.  I also just had another find....my vintage typewriter DOES have an apostrophe.  I've been handwriting one in or just leaving them out so I'm happy to find that out.  Now I just need to know why there's no number 1.
Alrighty, that's it for today.  Basketball games tonight + Queen of Courts.  Winter Ball is tomorrow so I'm dedicating the day to driving the girls to hair appointments, nail appointments, dinner out and photo taking.  It's gonna be a fun day!  Have a great weekend everyone~

10 comments:

katrynka said...

The lower case "L" in your various notes on the page looks like a "1" to me! Perhaps that's why?

Linda said...

Well done!!

Lisa said...

LOVE this!

Carol W. said...

Beautiful cover! LOL I'm still working on mine - hopefully I can get it off my desk this weekend. Have a great friday

Gail S. said...

Great start to the album! I saw on Pinterest the best post: Birth Certificates are to record birth, Death Certificates are to record death and Scrapbooks are to record the life in between. I agree with Katrynka, on the old typewriters they use the lower case "L" as a 1. Have a fabulous weekend :)

Rich said...

Beautiful cover page! I'm terrible at identifying papers - are they October Afternoon? I really need to get a new ribbon for my typewriter. :) Dawn F.

crimsoncat05 said...

I had the same guess about the number 1 and the lowercase L, and also the same question about the papers! I especially like the paper in the lower left quadrant.

Shan said...

Love it and so you! I need to find a vintage typewriter!

Jeani said...

Love it and looking forward to following along as you create your 2013 PL! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Unknown said...

You could use an "l" for a number 1 on your vintage typewriter :) Love your posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails