February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Today I had some errands in town so I'm a little bit late with my posting.  My first project is a quick notebook that I created with the Cubicle kit I had in the shop.  I picked up this inexpensive notebook at Staples to keep at my desk.  I decided to fancy it up a bit using a simple square of ledger paper, a sticky note, a tag and a the cute typewriter wood veneer piece.  
Since this notepad will get a lot of use, I kept it very simple.  A little stitching and stapling finish it off.  
 Next up I have some Valentine cards that I made from the Gossamer Blue January kits.  These offered so many fun products for Valentine projects.  Using a cute typewriter stamp from Evalicious, I created some cards for friends and family.
 I worked in mass production mode but switched out the patterned papers for some variation.
 I loved using the enamel dots from the Main Add-On Kit + the mistable chipboard hearts from the Main Kit were so fun to work with.  Be sure to try them out with inks and spray mists both.
For the typewriter image that I stamped on the XL manila tag, I paper pieced the pink sentiment portion then added a little scrap of grid paper behind that.
Hope you're having a lovely day.  The mister is taking all of us girls out for a Valentine's dinner.  So funny......he said he stopped by a flower shop but the prices were so outrageous.....and that nothing compared to the pretty flowers from my garden.  We agreed that we'd spend our big bucks on flowers for the gardens come Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Mandalika said...

Those cards are adorable! Love your notepad, might have to pretty up mine too.

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Love what you've done to the notepad. Looks fabulous! And those cards.... how delightful :-)

alexandra s.m. said...

I love everything you do Michelle!
These are super pretty ;-)
TFS~

Unknown said...

Another great notebook project, I love seeing how you make those store bought notebooks your own. Also, the cards just make me happy. My plan is to get to work making some cards today. Now that all my Valentine cards and tags are at their new homes (as of two weeks ago) I can spend some time making "just because" cards. Come the 1st of March I will be starting on my Easter cards and tags and treat bags. Diana F.

Related Posts with Thumbnails