May 27, 2008

A Whole Bunch of Cards

Edit: I totally forgot to add that the two Crafty Secrets cards were inspired by my oh so talented friend HB (Carol). She has such a unique way of putting card designs together. I just had to try some of her designs. You can visit her blog HERE! Tell her I said hi!!

I've been stamping up a storm......literally! Will the rain ever stop?

I have a lot of fun samples for today, starting off with Anna Wight's Cat's Life set from Whipper Snapper. I was really thinking outside the box on this first card. Those fishy images reminded me of one of my favorite sayings, *That stinks*!! I stamped the two separate images then added the squiggly lines for smelly fish and a sentiment made with Papertrey's Simple Alphabet stamp set. Paper is from Crate Paper. I love *every day* cards like this one....the kind that you just *need* sometimes for a friend or relative who's having a rough day. And these little kitties below remind me of our Frisky. She's as fat as a volleyball and just sleeps all day, all curled up on the porch. We're waiting for her to have her babies any day now, we hope. For these cards, I stamped the pillow image onto the striped patterned paper, then stamped the cat image on top of that. I cut out the pillow outline and where the kitty nestles into the pillow for some fun paper piecing. So the cat images are stamped onto the white piece and colored then I added the pillow. I added a grey shadow line beneath the kitties with a Copic Sketch marker. Patterned paper is from the SEI Dill Blossom collection. Sentiment is from the Cat's Life set and was stamped on Kraft cardstock, with Papertrey polka dots stamped on top. More fun cards that would work well for birthdays or to just cheer a friend up.
Switching gears a little bit, these samples below are made with the new Crafty Secrets stamp set called Bug's Life. I colored the image with Copic markers then added Diamond glitter to the wings for sparkle. Background paper is from a 6 x 12 Crafty Secrets Radiant paper pad. The three half scallops are made from a cut and embossed Spellbinder's Die Template.
And this card makes the perfect baby card or maybe a birthday card for a little toddler. The image is tiny and simply adorable....a little bug in her buggy carrying her teddy bear. I colored the image with Copic markers and also added glitter to the wings. Background paper is from the Crafty Secrets Pastels 6 x 12 paper pad. Ribbon from Papertrey.
Here's the inside of the card. The paper was just so cute, I couldn't resist adding it to the inside of the card.
I also wanted to show you some stationery that Josey made . I gave her a sketch to work with and she came up with the rest. She picked the cute little Itty Bitty fishbowl stamp from Karen Lockhart, the fishy paper from K and Company and the sentiment from Crafty Secrets. I thought they turned out SO, SO cute. These went right into our notecard basket to use this summer.Here's a closeup of the fish bowls. She used some sequins, Copics, Ranger Glossy Accents, Inchie Squares and Spellbinder's scallop squares to create the main image. I know Josey would LOVE to read all about what you think. And I'm also sure that this post will have Jordan begging for a little attention too so stay tuned for her cards I bet!!
Hope you enjoy! Have a great day!!

38 comments:

Beth Thomas said...

Each of these is wonderful in its own way! You have been so... busy!

Lori Craig said...

They're all adorable, but my FAVES are those bright, darling fish bowls! Just adorable, Josey!! Hey, you can be her guest designer anytime!

Elaine said...

You're a fabulous card makin machine, Mish!! WOW! Love them all!

Anita Knits said...

Wow, Josey, they are gorgeous, mum you better watch out.

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Great cards!
I'm so impressed with your daughter's designs! She must watch you ever so closely - talent breds talent!
Keep up the good work, Josey!

Denise

Anonymous said...

wow, I guess you have been stampin up a storm, these are great!

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE!!!!

Anonymous said...

You have been stamping up a storm!! I love all of your cards and Anna's set is so cute! Love the stinky fish...perfect!

Bonnie said...

You have been busy in the rain! Another bunch of fabulous designs!!

Dottie K. said...

Great cards Mish. But I must say that the fish bowl cards are my favorite. The paper and sentiment go to just perfectly. So adorable Josey! You did a fantatic job on your cards and should be very proud of them. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards!! And I love Josey's stationery! Thank you both!

Sandy said...

Love all your cards Michelle ... especially the one with the cat on the paper pieced pillow.

I see that Josey inherited your creativity ... she did a great job pulling everything together. Her stationery set is FABULOUS.

Ruth Shanahan Allmart said...

Wow! Amazing cards Mish, you have been busy :o) Josey sure is a 'chip off the ole block'. She did a fabulous job on her stationery, I love it.

Courtney said...

Man! You have been stamping up a storm! I LOVE THE FISH BOWLS! They are so bright and colorful! Such talent!

Karen said...

What amazing cards. Love them all. I see your daughter is as talented as you are. Love the little fish bowl design. Thanks for sharing

Amanda Angert said...

Great job Josey! LOVE the paper accent on the side! I can't wait to see more of your work :-)

Anonymous said...

I love Josey's fishbowls with the matching fishy paper! What adorable notepaper! She is a very creative girl!

Tricia T said...

Josey, you did a great job on your notecards. I hope you don't mind if I use your sketch to make some of my own!! I don't have those stamps, though, so I'll have to think up something a little different. Hmmmm. Thanks for the idea!! :)

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Wonderful cards, every last one of them! And I'm impressed by Josey's blooming talent! Way to go, girl! Of course, it's pretty clear where she gets it... =)

Jenn said...

Great cards!!! And Josey, your cards are FABULOUS!!! :D The fish bowls are fantastic and you have just inspired me to do my own!!! Great job!!! :D

Lizzy said...

I've been lurking on your blog for a little while now -- I'm a relatively new stamper & just LOVE your creations. So beautiful. And the fishy notecards are fab!! Way to go to your DD! (I especially love the colors she chose... yum!)

Michelle Tech said...

Great cards girls!

Tina said...

Amazing creations.
Josey did a great job coloring that fishbowl, too cute.

Diana said...

Gorgeous cards! It would take me 2 weeks to make all of those. Love the ones Josey made; I can't wait to show them to my girls. Hopefully it will inspire them to use DP on cards (we have a No Hoarding policy at our house, but they are still afraid to cut into those pretty DPs). Thanks so much for the inspiration!

salusa said...

Wow - you have been busy. It has been raining here in CO for 2 days too but I'm and work and don't get to stamp!! :( Really cute cards though. I love the fish card!

Linda Carson said...

What fun & creative cards! Love em all!

Lee said...

Wowee Wow Mish!!! These are fantastic!!! I love that kitty curled on the pillow! And the Buggy thank you is so amazing and I LOVE the inside of the card!! What an amazing, creative storm you HAVE been in!!! LOL

DeeDee said...

WOW!! Mish you HAVE been really busy...they are all just adorable! Tell Josey that her note cards are just too adorable for words and I think she surely got her Mama's talent there...keep 'em coming this summer Josey!! Thanks for all the details Mish!!

Judy H. said...

I can definitely see where Josey gets her creativity from - you have an awesome teacher, Josey! Love your cards! If mom didn't mention that you created them, I would've thought they were more of her awesome talent! You did good girl!

Anonymous said...

These cards are all beauties! Please tell Josey she is following in Mom's footsteps and I'm sure in no time she will be blogginb right along beside you! TFS! Sheila

Gail S. said...

Love the cards and the stationary! You both do a great job....but I would love to know how you tie your bows soooo perfect! Could you some day show us step by step the way you make them come out so perfect? I would love to know :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

love the stationary cards, so cute got to try. Thanks for all the lovely ideas and I love your blog,
never found something like this in The Netherlands

Becca said...

simply adorable Mish> I love these cards. The stamps are cute and you created them all so nicely.

Bela

CreativeMish said...

Love them all! They're adorable!

Lynn Put said...

Holy Cow, you were stampin away! These cards are all amazing! I love the old fashion look of these fun bug cards with the glitter!

Carol (HB) said...

What an amazing group of eye candy!!!

As much as I love your creations Mishie, I gotta say that Josie is the winner here! The fishbowl stationary is ADORABLE!!!

Tess said...

I love these papers that you used on these cards.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic designs. Thanks for the inspiration!! rita w

Related Posts with Thumbnails