May 17, 2008

Pile of Socks!

Yesterday was a typical school day for me and the girls. They were scurrying around getting ready for the bus and I was getting on them to pick a few things up before they left for school. You know the typical mom routine...."pick this up, pick that up, quit leaving your stuff laying around". It's our job, right? Well fast forward 30 minutes....I went downstairs to work on some cards and this is what I saw.........a huge pile of socks laying on my stamp table!! I just had to laugh because sock folding is a major issue in our house. I refuse to fold socks! I'll do every other stitch of laundry in the house but all socks get left in the laundry basket sitting by the dryer. So I had to chuckle when I found this pile of socks on my table this morning! Guess I needed to get busy and get them put to use! Before I get to the cards, I wanted to explain to some newbies what the Spellbinder's Nestabilities are. This is a photo of the Nesties below. They come in sets of 5-6 metal die templates in straight line or scallop shapes. These are samples of two of the square Nesties. The straight line dies can cut shapes and then you also have the capability of embossing the shape, as you can see on the white square. Then you can cut larger or smaller shapes that *nest* into one another. The white square below sits nicely on top of the brown scallop square. The possibilities are really endless as to the combinations you can create. There all kinds of shapes now too......squares, circles, rectangles, ovals......and now skinny ovals and megabilities (larger,longer rectangles).....paislies, hearts, stars. They are a necessity in my stamp room, a tool I reach for over and over again. You can check them out at Ellen's online store and her blog.
Now onto my cards...all of the cute socks were stamped and colored with Copic markers. The name of the stamp is Warm Socks, another cute creation from Karen Lockhart. And more manly cards, woohoo!! I found the perfect sentiment from my AMuse collection, it says *have a scent-sational day!* This is another great layout that uses two patterned papers. The papers I chose are from Crate Paper. Then there is a horizontal strip that runs underneath the main image. This is where the sentiment goes. Love this layout and can't wait to use it more.
And here's some more of my postage stamp layouts. Simple layout with the main image posing as a *postage stamp* by sitting up in the top right hand corner.
Again, I left my cards blank on the inside. I put these into my Father's Day stash for now...and if they don't all get used up, then they'll go into the male birthday stash. Hope you're enjoying the manly cards. I am just tickled to have some fun new images to work with.

12 comments:

Shelly said...

Neat images! I also refuse to sort socks, so I got a good laugh over this. Thanks for showing the nesties. I am waiting for my very first ones to arrive and I know I wil be hooked...

Tricia T said...

Cute cards & great sentiment! Sock matching is actually a once a week children's job at my house!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute socks!! Love that sentiment with it!! I hate sock matching too!! Love your cards Mish!!

Anonymous said...

I just love these socks and you have put them to an excellent use! Great card - I love that it's a masculine one too! While my card stash grows only a card at a time I can't imagine what your card stash looks like - it must be huge.

Lueyes said...

Dear Michelle,
I wanted to send you an e-mail, but I couldn’t find an address on your blog page. I really enjoyed and agreed with your entry May 15 about mass producing cards. I almost always do that as it takes very little more time to make several once you have figured out the design. I have been mass producing your Inchie snail mail note cards (April 15) for several of my friends that i will be visiting soon. I thought they made perfect hostess gifts boxed up and tied with ribbon. I think my friends will love them. Thank you so much for the idea. I hope you don't mind my CASEing you. I did make a few changes so they are not exactly the same. I really do enjoy your blog and all your creative ideas not only with stamping but also with your home. I also enjoy hearing a little bit about your family. Thank you for sharing.
Louise

Becca said...

such cute socks......I don't like sorting through them, the sock fairy comes once in a while LOL

cyndi said...

ok...so what sort of gadget to you need to use the nestabilities???
cute socks!

Stefanie Staniak said...

So cute !! They are manly !! :)

Rene Sharp said...

Michelle, I recently discovered your site, and it has quickly become one of my favs. Your work is inspiring!!! I love how you produce your cards in batches, you are right, it looks great to see a whole pile of gorgeous cards. I have only recently started stamping, cardmaking & blogging, so I will be back often to gain inspiration from you.

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful cards. That image is adorable and the sentiment is perfect with them...gives me a giggle!

Julia Aston said...

I love how you color your socks! these are such fun cards!

CreativeMish said...

Very cute! I love the sentiment! so funny for the socks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails