May 4, 2008

Bird House Road

Hi everyone, it looks like a beautiful day is here so I'm going to head outside soon. DH bought the girls a go cart!! Today will be their first day to ride it when they get home from their Girl Scout trip.....so it should be a fun day!!

I couldn't wait to show you these cards today. I just love they way they turned out. A little vintage look going on and a super fun image called Main Street (isn't that too cute?)from Whipper Snapper. Once again, designed by my super talented friend Anna Wight(Sweet Miss Daisy). All of Anna's images are fairly big, which I love, because there's lots of room for coloring. I colored the images with Copic markers that matched my new Pink Paislee patterned paper. The paper is slightly distressed so I shabbied up my main image with some Creamy Caramel SU! ink and my new Ranger Ink Blending Tool. I love it when I find a new tool that is inexpensive and works like a charm. The pads that adhere to the wooden handle are soft and spongy and they blend ink like a dream. Yes, you need one. I purchased some refill sponges too and use similar colors on one sponge and keep them in a baggy.....greens on one sponge, reds on anothe sponge, etc. The sentiment is from AMuse, one of my favorites that I reach for often. I thought it added a fun twist to the card and would help make the perfect friendship type cards. The old buttons are an auction purchase. They all are threaded too, I can just picture some little old lady recycling buttons off her husband's old work shirts. Ohhhhh, and I about forgot to mention the new looooong rectangle Spellbinder's Nestabilities templates. I used the plain rectangles to cut and emboss the main image....and I used a scallop die template to cut out the bird patterned paper at the top. Works perfectly, I love them. Yes, you need them and you can find them at Ellen's online store. I have a close teacher friend that is going to possibly be doing some house swapping with some family members. Her family and her inlaws may swap houses so that my friend's husband could be closer to their cattle ranch. My friend is not super excited about it at this point because she's done a lot of work on her house and it will be a much further drive to work and school activities. I thought this would be a nice card to send her to let her know that even though she'll be further away, it's still just a hop and a skip away.
I threw in my card sketch so you can add another one to your collection, hope you enjoy. Well DH's off to pick my girls and I can't wait to see their curly red heads!! Have a great day and enjoy your family today!

9 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Ooooooh, so FUN! Fantastic colors! So perfect!!!

Carol (HB) said...

I love the shabby look to this Mishie! Cool sketch (as always!)
hb

Stacey said...

I love them! (-as always!!) Your blog is a daily visiting spot for me. You're SO INSPIRING and your work is ALWAYS beautiful!!
THANK YOU!
Smiles,
-S

salusa said...

I love this stamp - it is on my long wishlist of stamps to get from WhipperSnapper. Thanks for sharing another layout idea! I love these! I'm sure your friend will love these cards!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Adorable - I may borrow this one. I have to make moving cards for a friend! I'm so glad I have you to inspire me ! :)

Karen said...

Great Card. I love the sketch. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

Cute cards Mish!

Lee said...

Those cards are so sweet!!! I love the colors and the rectangle nesties are next on my Nestie list!!!

Tina said...

Michelle i love these, bright colourful... as well as cute... you really do create amazing cards.. Tina

Related Posts with Thumbnails