May 26, 2008

Notecard Portfolio

Hi everyone, hope you're sharing this Memorial Weekend with the ones you love. Today I'm sharing this card portfolioi ensemble I made for a quick gift. With the price of gas sky rocketing, I think everyone will get hand made items for gifts this year!!


I've been meaning to mention this....although gas prices are causing many of us to stay home more and order supplies, etc. online, it's very important to support your local scrapbook and stamping stores. Many of these shops are closing down due to online shopping capabilities and bigger craft stores moving into town. If you love to have a store nearby, support them all you can....send your friends there.....tell them you love their store.......tell them what you'd like to see in their stores. They need your business as well as our favorite online stores. I am lucky enough to have a local scrapbook store about 40 minutes from me and it is my all time favorite. It's called Scrapbooks, Etc and is located in Topeka, Kansas. I've known the two sister owners and all the wonderful gals that work there since the store opened some ten or so years ago...we've become friends and they always greet me with a smile. Hi ladies!! Okay, back to my post...I just wanted to give a shout out for the local businesses!


Taylor from Taylored Expressions sparked my idea for this stationery ensemble with some of her wonderful creations. I made a set of these simple stationery notecards (no fold, 1/4 sheet of cardstock for the base) for a friend for a quick gift. I used Papertrey patterned paper, cardstock, ink and stamps. By lining the envelope, the *boutique* factor of this little set increases tremendously.
Here's the set of four notecards with envelopes photographed below. Easy peasy to make but such a fancy schmansy little gift.
For the packaging, I made a simple portfolio of sorts. I folded a piece of cardstock like a book cover and added the patterned paper to the front. Add a stamped sentiment and some pretty polka dot ribbon and my gift was complete. Sorry I don't have the dimensions for the portfolio, I just winged it and put it all together quickly. The ribbon wraps all around the portfolio and ties on the side that you open. Sentiment was made with the Papertrey Simple Alphabet stamp set.
I need to create more little gift sets like this to have on hand. I don't know how many times I'd like to have a hostess, teacher or quick birthday gift. I can always package up a set of cards but I love the look of this coordinated ensemble. I'm adding this to my list of things to do. Hope you enjoy!!

26 comments:

Amanda Angert said...

Too cute Mish! I'll have to add this to my ever-growing list of things to do, too!

Anonymous said...

So elegant and pretty. Anyone would love receiving this notecard portfolio. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Jane

Lauri said...

Thanks for sharing this project! I have an absolutely wonderful store about a half hour from me and I try to get there every weekend!! They do not sell stamps, but I try to buy just about everything else I can there, and take their classes (which are outstanding, by the way!) Thanks for reminding all of us...there is so much the LSS can offer that online shopping cannot!

Debbie Olson said...

So elegant and beautiful, Mish!

JustRite Stampers said...

Hi Michelle, Love this stationary...lots of JustRite potential here. BTW, I got your comment but can't find a way to email you. Can you please email me so I can respond? Thanks so much, Denise

Marie said...

These are so beautiful. The colors and design are so elegant. TFS!

Rachelle said...

Another outstanding set from you. You make me yearn for some nesties of my own!

chickadee3357 said...

Curious how the inside of your portfolio looks. Did you just place each card in its envelope, then in the portfolio? Just not clear about the portfolio holding capabilities. I think it is awesome and something I think I'll make to have on hand too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Thank you for the LSS plug... that's so sweet of you! I am a store manager myself, and although we have a very loyal following and are constantly getting new customers, it is easy to see where the competition is coming from!

Your notecards are wonderful, as is all your work!

Anonymous said...

They are very pretty and what a cute little gift! TFS!

Bella Rose Creations said...

What a beautiful set! When you line the envelopes...did you line the whole inside or just the small strip you can see.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift! Thanks for the inspiration!

C said...

Saw these on Taylor's blog awhile back and STILL haven't made them. Thanks for the kick in the pants....

Tina said...

So pretty, I'll have to give it a try.

Jaymerz said...

These are adorable!! They would make such great gifts, I am really going to have to keep this in mind. I am going to see if I can convince hubby to stop at that scrapbook store when we head to Kansas City this weekend. Wish me luck!!

Lee said...

Mish........that is soooo pretty!! I do love the idea of no folds! What a great gift set!

Anonymous said...

Elegant simplicity! I need to create some of these.

Stefanie Staniak said...

Beatifully Elegant ! Simply Mishalicious!

DeeDee said...

Gorgeous Mish and oh so rich looking too.....what a wonderful gift to receive!!!

Michelle said...

OK can I just say I worship at the altar of your creativity... I'll be you glow while creating. This is too stinkin cute girl!!! I LOVE THIS!!! Guess what my sons teachers are getting.. YOU ROCK GIRL!!

Valerie said...

SHAZAM!! I needed your blog this morning when I was packing up those baby note cards! Dang! Well, the totes turned out cute too~

I have to tell you again and again, Mish, you are such an inspiration to me. So glad we are friends, online and off.

Hugs to you my friend,
V.~

Lisa Kind said...

Thanks for the shout out for the LSS! I totally agree. I visit mine and love going there! Sharon (the owner) is always so welcoming and knows everyone's name (sounds like "Cheers"!). I'm going to link this to her. Love your note card ensemble, btw!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and receiving the updates in my email. Jus' wonderin'...how do you line the envelopes? Love your idea. Thanks. Mona

Anonymous said...

Love your Note cards and Portfolio set!

Tina said...

I was so inspired by this post that I made some note cards and a portfolio a few hours later. Thanks for the inspiration!
http://woodedviews.blogspot.com/2008/05/note-cards-and-portfolio.html

Unknown said...

This is just so pretty! I love that you tied it all together with the portfolio! What a lovely gift! You got a shout out over at Card of the Week.com; you can see the post at http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/05/card-of-the-w-4.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails