March 23, 2012

Project Life Week 9, 2012

Whew, it's been a while since I've had a Project Life update. Just finished Week 9 and have some more catching up to do. This week, I kept it scrappy because I still love to work like that on my pages....however I feel the need to work at a faster pace until I get caught up. So this week's spread uses fewer embellishments which helped me spend less time on the inserts.

Here's my 2 page spread. I used a lot of neutral backgrounds of what I had on hand to fill in the 3 x 4 and 4 x 6 inserts.
The left page. Wrapping up basketball, Jordan as Superfan Thing #1 (still have an insert to do with a cute photo), tornado season.....
Right page. A favorite new place to eat, some vintage finds, fresh flowers, Charlie and new track shoes.
Was so happy to tear into some Banana Fish Studio journaling cards. Love the softer colors. I hand wrote a lot this week + I used my big Markit marker for a title. The metal rim tag was a fun accent for marking the year.
Good times at the basketball game. I used Studio Calico stamps + a journaling card from Elle's Studio.
Hand cut journaling card from a grid paper + sticker accents from my Studio Calico kit + new Washi tape + a painted Studio Calico butterfly + another Banana Fish Studio journaling card. Flower stamps are from My Mind's Eye. Typed journaling was on a Grid Label.
Here I added hand cut patterned paper to make toppers for journaling cards.
On to the 4 x 6 inserts. I used sticker letters and chipboard numbers + an Elle's Studio journaling tag. I just loved Jordan's clever head bands she made for her and her friend.
Smash Book tape + a stapled sticker file folder label + another Grid Label.
Here I used the cute camera stamp from Amy Tangerine + an Elle's Studio journaling tag + Hero Arts letters + the am & pm stamps from Studio Calico. Washi tape and a scrap from the floor were stitched to the bottom.
And new track shoes for the reds. I used a tag from Jordan's shoes as an accent embellishment + used more sticker letters and a small grid label.
And that's it. So glad to have another week in the books. I will admit......Project Life can be time consuming if you like to get really scrappy and add lots of photos. But it's SO, so worth it to me. I can tell that I'm going to have to stay on top of my calendar and taking photos because it's getting BUSY around here with all the Spring happenings. If you're still hanging in there with PL, good for you!

Thoughts:
Since I most use my Project Life as my main scrapbooking source, the regular scrapped inserts are fewer. But I've had a ton of misc photos lately. Too many to include in the weekly spreads. I've been brainstorming on new ideas to add those photos into my PL albums so I'll be implementing those soon. :)

Organizing:
Loved the comments from my organizing post. I'll be answering those questions, sharing your best tips and continuing with Day 2 soon here on the blog. Thanks for sharing your ideas with me!

3 comments:

mollymoo951 said...

Nice! I LOL'd at the "scrap from the floor" comment...it all looks GREAT!

Samantha said...

I always enjoy your PL posts. I am quickly catching up with my PL album as well. I'm on Week 8 :) I love getting scrappy with my pages, and you always provide me with inspiration. Thanks!!

k.m. said...

I really enjoy keeping up with your PL project. Your pages are amazing and you provide so many tips and suggestions for everyone.
I was wondering if you use a die-cut machine?? And, if so, what one do you have??? I am trying to decide on which one to purchase.

Related Posts with Thumbnails