May 30, 2011

red bird thank you cards

Hi guys. Decided to do a little doubling up on some thank you notes. Josey needs to send graduation thank you notes and I need to send birthday thank you notes. Here's what I had out on the desk so it looked good to me: papers from Studio Calico, October Afternoon and/or Cosmo Cricket (?) and The Girls Paperie.
Using Medium Manila Parcel Tags I heat embossed a large thank you sentiment from Papertrey Ink using SU! red embossing powder.
Be prepared, Washi tape is my new favorite thing. I added strips to the tags for some easy pattern + color.
Using a circle punch and buttons + twine, I added a few additional embellishments to the tags. These would be great as is for little gift sacks.
But I really need the cards so I cut up papers all mixy matchy style for my card fronts.
I pulled some yellow Wrinkle Ribbon from my stash. I chose the yellow because I spied a teensy spot of yellow in the flower centers on the patterned paper. You can zoom in closer on the photo below to see.
I tied the ribbon to the tags and adhered to my card front with pop dots. Easy peasy.
Love that the tags are so easy to reach for when you need a focal point on a card. The raised surface of the embossed sentiment really helps to add dimension to the tag. The entire series of Papertrey Think Big Favorites stamps fit nicely on the medium parcel tags too.
A nice little stack of thank you cards, ready to be sent out. Think I'll go write my thank you notes right now.
Hope you enjoy! Tomorrow starts a month long taxi service for me. Josey is embarking on her new role as a freshman, with all the events and camps that come along with it. Jordan is following closely behind with all of her summer activities too. June is jam packed for us....so much so that I had to make a weekly calendar to carry around just so we know if we're coming or going. I will be in the SUV so much that I think I need to pack a basket of things to work on/books to read while we're in between activities. Now if someone can just tell me how to handle suppers when we're out and about 4 nights a week + the weekends for softball. Here we go, folks!!!

Come back on June 1st for the Papertrey Senior Design Team post.

13 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

CUTE cards! Sounds like you have a very busy month coming up!

Linda L said...

Maybe JUNE 1st...? Don't stress and enjoy.....every....moment.

José said...

Oh my they look fantastic. What a good idea!

Bonnie said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love the colors!

itsallrosi said...

these are really cute! I have that red pattern washi tape and its my favorite :)

Linda said...

Love the cards. Have a fun summer.
In answer to your dinner question...crockpot. :)

Kristin said...

love the cards!! and from one working mom (own my practice) pre plan a menu a week in advance, buy ingredients and make ahead what you can, and then pop in oven for 20-45 min worth of cooking when you walk in the door that late afternoon. salad, corn on cob, pasta salad, watermelon, etc are perfect summer sides. and yes, above poster is correct: crockpot is a must. (I also have done the M=Mexican, T=Italian, W=American, and Th=leftovers week thing in the past too).
Have fun!!

paperplay said...

That's what I love about you....you take "whatever is sitting around" and turn it into something that looks all planned out. Your busy summer does sound crazy but enjoy every minute of it because before you know it they will be driving themselves then out of the house. It is a great time for conversation (or just listening to theirs)

milkshake007 said...

My taxi service begins today with basketball camps and a baseball game. Tonight's supper is still in question.....I do love to use my crockpot but not today.
Love your cards....I know you enjoy all the time you spend with your girls. Loads of memories.
Hugs....

crazymom said...

Darling thank you cards. Does the bow cause trouble when sending them in the mail? Busy life, I love it! This is my first summer with my son driving himself to all those practices. Not sure if it is happy or sad for me?? Luckily I still have a few years to drive my daughter around! I think you'll be needing to use your crock pot. Please share those recipes if you do and also the cute recipe cards that I'm sure you will make!! Hehehe!!!

Lisa Elton said...

These are just darling! I love how you engage in the mass producing...I do that myself!!!

Andrea said...

Mish ~ Good luck with the dinners vs. running around. My best advice is to not be too hard on yourself. You'll all survive on what you can pull together for a while. We do a lot of sandwiches (try to change it up), cereal, pasta salad etc when I don't even have a half hour to cook dinner. ~ Enjoy ~

melanie said...

I haven't purchased any washi tape 'cuz I didn't really like anything made with it...the tape just looked like...well...like tape! But you have inspired me (again) it adds just the perfect amount of pattern, color, and texture to your cards...gotta' love it!!! I don't have to tell you...these are some of the "bestest", busiest times with your girls...my boys are 10 years older than your girls...and I really miss that crazy calendar of who practices/plays where...and all of the roadtrips in the minivan...ENJOY!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails