January 8, 2011

Yo Yo Valentine Favors

It's the weekend, woohoo! The family is running some errands and I'm working away on my Papertrey projects for this month. So fun to get inky with PTI goodies. I have some cards to share here soon with yet another new feature on my blog this year.

In the meantime I have a few Etsy kits going up in the shop today. I like to give my mom some *projects* to work on to keep her little hands busy. I thought a few yo yo's would be fun. Well, how about a LOT of yo yo's? Mom's good at making them, it keeps her busy....and she just can't stop. So now the yo yo's are like zucchini in the summer time...you have to find ways to use them up. :)

Here's a sweet little kit for making a few Valentine treat favors. Notice I used the sweet little tag punch and stamp from Studio Calico and EK Success that I showed On The Shelf. The sentiment is from 2010 Love Tags.
I'll have a few kits up in the shop today but if you'd like to make your own little candy favors, it's simple. Wrap a Dainty Doily around a foil candy to make a cute little bundle. Wrap some baker's twine around the bundle and tie in a knot. Leave the ends in tact to create little love strings. Add a yo yo that has a button stitched on and secure to the candy bundle with two glue dots. The yo yo can be re-purposed for another crafty project. Slip the stamped tag under the yo yo.
Think how cute these would at a little Valentine party as a place setting favor. Or set on a favorite teacher's desk....or mail one to a friend. So sweet. Enjoy! Mom's still a stitchin' away so I'll have more yo yo goodies in the shop soon. :)
On the home front: we were gonna go out for supper tonight but since the reds have been out and about today and Josey's going to a friend's house, we decided to stay home and have this recipe of Slow Cooker Pork Chops with some mashed taters. Thinking this recipe for Pork Chops with Smoked Gouda and Bacon sounds pretty tasty too.

The fire's roaring, it's nice and toasty....we're going to enjoy a nice evening at home....probably a little Wii competition....gearing up for the big storm coming Sunday/Monday. Tucked in nice and safe. Hope you are too. Have a great weekend everyone.

8 comments:

Romaine said...

What a sweet idea!

I have to tell you that your darling little packets that you have been making for our easy shop has inspired me for little "thank-yous" for my close to my heart customers. I was feeling stuck for inexpensive ways to thank them for being supportive of me. Mine will not be as darling as yours, but they will be fun to assemble.

Thank-you for your amazing inspiration! I look forward to every one of your posts!

An aside- I wish my viroids were as interested as yours in crafting! :0)

Ah well, my neighbor has a passion for horses and she has boys that only want to ride gas- powered things! She gets to indulge my viroids with her horse passion!

Romaine said...

Oops, that should have said YOUR ETSY shop, not our easy shop....my iPad self-corrects and I don't always see it!

Oh, and the viroids should be GIRLIES!! ROTFL! (what IS a viroid?)

Lorri Wiederkehr said...

Thanks for the inspiring ideas using your Mom's beautiful yoyo's. I actually know how to make those and would love to see what other beautiful projects you come up with. Please let us know how your pork chop dinner turns out...I am in a recipe rut and desperately need to find something that my picky eaters would like.
Stay Warm!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love this sweet idea! I posted a card using a paper doily on my blog today that I have had (doilies) in my stash for a very long time.

I love the yo-yo idea too. Been a long time since I've made those as well.

We are having dilly potato soup tonite. It is VERY cold and snowing (suppose to get up to 18") and the perfect thing to warm the insides.

Have a great weekend! Can't wait to see your PTI creations.

Kathy Martin said...

So sweet! Love those yo yo packed chocolates! Yum!

Heidi said...

Adorable treats! What a sweet little thinking of you gift. Thanks for all the inspiration!!

Tina said...

Mish, you are so talented. Love your ideas. Very cute. Question, looking for a new paper cutter. What do you use and do you have any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Anonymous said...

You are always an inspiration. I'm amazed at how you come up with so many creative ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Kathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails