May 12, 2009

Lavender Birthday

Karen Lockhart does the best flower stamps and she's got a bunch of new ones with some fun sentiments! Today I'm using Patio Lavender. Once you start coloring this image with various purples, you can almost smell the fresh scent of lavender. Breathe in......ahhhhhhhhhh. I colored the image with Copic Sketch markers and dotted a little yellow in with the purple for a complimentary color. The main image was punched out with a Marvy scallop punch. Polka dot edge is from Papertrey's Borders and Corners Circles stamp set. Punched lavender circles dot are scattered through out the back ground paper from My Mind's Eye.
Sentiment is from Papertrey's Birthday Basics. PTI's Vintage Buttson are tied with Martha Stewart purple string. Cardstock is PTI's Plum Pudding and Spring Moss.
I've been adding a lot of purple perennials to my flower beds lately. Just when I think I love pink, then I find a yellow flower I like.......then an orange one....and now purple. My flower beds are definitely an eclectic little mix of everything I love. Maybe I'll have Eric plow up the pasture and I'll plant fields of lavender next!!
Copic Colors Used: Lavender V93, V17, Y15....Pot BV01, BV04....Leaves G21, G94

9 comments:

Maureen V said...

Michelle this is breathtaking!

dolcreations said...

Absolutely beautiful Michelle!
Christine

patriciad said...

Soooo darn purty. I'm a purple girl too. Can't get enough of it!

Linda said...

Very pretty. Gotta love those Lockhart stamps.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Mish, I love this card and love all colors in my flower bed. Good luck getting Eric to plow up a fiels for you. LOL! I tried to get DH to plow just a "small" patch for strawberries. But alfalfa pays the bills better than fruit. Ü

Karen said...

Fields of lavender would be very cool. I love the way you put the sentiment on the front of the card. I have never been fond of purple but have found myself using lately. Must be a spring thing. Very pretty card.

Debbi said...

This is GORGEOUS Mish! The purples are stunning!

CherylQuilts said...

Absolutely lovely! I so agree that Karen Lockhart's flower stamps are the best!!

MaGoooo said...

ADORABLE! I can just smell the lavender coming from the card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails