June 14, 2008

Vintage Inspired

Happy Saturday everyone! I thought I would share some cards I made with Papertrey Ink products that were inspired by my new vintage table runner. It's square and sits under my two tiered wire basket. You can see the matching napkins below the cards. I've been having a blast making my own patterned paper so I thought I would try out some flowers. I used lots of different flowers from Papertrey sets, along with my favorite polka dots and some ribbon snippets.
I stitched on the ribbon and then added more stitching around the cards to add to the vintage feel I was looking for.
I also added some distressing ink to all of the edges of the cards to give a worn look. Have you heard that Papertrey is coming out with cream colored cardstock? Woohoo!!

I hope that you all will try your hand at creating some hand made patterned paper. It's so fun to get back to the basics of stamping. It really encourages you to dig into your stamp stash and use those supplies that have never touched ink yet. Plus by making handmade papers, everything matches and coordinates so beautifully. All you have to do is come up with the inspiration. My newest inspiration came from a kids Pottery Barn catalog. The colors are so vibrant and fun......I'll show you my new creations when I get them done. And as always I love to see what my fellow bloggers are up to also....so be sure to post a link in the comments sections so I can come visit your blog.

Have a great weekend everyone! We're off to a BBQ soon at the neighbors.....turkey and fish fry!

Note: I've questions about envelopes. I do not make my own envelopes. I usually use Stampin' Up! envelopes in various sizes, Papertrey Ink white envelopes and for my card stash I often purchase a box of envies from Walmart in the stationery aisle. Hope this helps!

13 comments:

Kristin said...

Once again, love your stuff! I CASE you often... but always give credit! Hopefully I've directed some of my readers to you!! thanks for all the inspiration.

CreativeMish said...

Cards really inspire me to attempt to make my own background papers.

Sandy said...

Love these cards Michelle ... the stitching just adds so much.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! Once again, you have inspired me. Can't wait til my kis go to bed! :-)

glitter girl said...

Love them - especially the pastel one, just gorgeous!

Thanks for answering the envelope question! =)

Shari said...

Wow - love all your stamped background papers, they are gorgeous!! Great color combinations and cards too.

I used to make a lot of my own background paper and for some reason had gotten away from it; your recent blog posts have inspired me to get back into it. I stamped my own paper for the flip flop card on my blog (www.acraftyobsession.typepad.com) this weekend.

Beautiful cards, Love your blog-your work is very inspiring!

One Creative Life said...

WOW! I love this combo of PTI flowers. I am always making pattern paper especially with PTI stamps. They make it so easy to do. I have not thought of combining the flowers that you did. So cute. I may have to revisit those stamps again. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration!~Erica

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Unknown said...

mish - what do you use to cut your nestabilities with? what type of cutting machine, to be more specific? if you could email me, i would be eternally grateful! :)
susan

Meow said...

Love the background papers you did. It looks glorious. I read your blog often, you work is glorious.

DeeDee said...

WOW Mish....I love your hand made paper...it looks like you purchased it that way!!! It's wonderful and so are all of your cards!!!

Anonymous said...

wow! I had to go back and stare, then re-read what you wrote, that you stamped these patterns. They are as gorgeous as any floral papers I've ever seen!! Thanks for the inspiration!

peggy lee

Godchick said...

These are beautiful! And a great way to make good use of your stamps. I love the vintage-y feel you created! On the first card, what did you use to create that old, weathered look on top of the floral pattern? Is it a wheel? If so, which one? Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails