September 9, 2007

It's Chilly Outside!

Wow, I can't believe how nice it is outside today!! I don't know what the temperature is but it's almost sweatshirt weather in Kansas. We have had such unbearable temps this summer and high, high humidity. So to celebrate the cool down, I thought I would share this wintery card. This fun image of carolers(set is called Carolers) from Wordsworth/Rubber Soul is so dang cute that I didn't think it needed too many other embellishments so I kept the card simple. I used a snowflake background paper from Rubber Soul also and embossed it with my Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. So I've got a double snowflake thing going on...you should try embossing some patterned papers, it's a fun effect! And the Cuttlebug folders do work in the Wizard, if you're one of the proud new owners of a Wizard. The focal image was colored with Copic markers in bright fun colors, the girls sporting red dresses and the boys in cool blues and greens. I cut the image out with an oval Spellbinder's Die Template and embossed it too. Then I mounted that on a red scallop cut oval. Placed dimensionals on the back for some added depth. Red stitched grosgrain ribbon finishes off the card. Memory Box note card.

If you wish to order sets and/or paper from Rubber Soul, simply to to their website and click on the *how to order* button for instructions. You can phone, fax, mail or email your order. There's a ton of fun new sets.......may I suggest an iced coffee and a day of online shopping? LOL!

9 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Well it's still very hot here. Lucky you!! Love the card and the cuttlebug embossing folder. Bought it - haven't used it yet. Enjoy your day! :)

My Paper World said...

Love that stamp! this card is really gorgeous! I love it!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh wow. I love the look of embossed printed paper!! My wizard is on its way to me!!

Julie Campbell said...

I love that stamp set! It's definitely going to be on my next order to Rubber Soul! :) They just make me smile!

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love how bright the copic makers made the image.

Alex said...

Wow! That is a beautiful card - love the coloring! TFS - *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bethany Paull said...

Yep, they're so cute. Love the snowy bg too. Thanks for the bling info from previous card.

MJ said...

That stamp just makes me smile. Great card.

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute! The Cuttled background looks awesome, as well as your coloring! Wonderful creation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails