June 13, 2007

Valuable Notes.......


How many times have you been to Target or your favorite shops, strolling down the card aisle...and you see some cute ideas, fun color combos or neat card folds......and you have no notebook in your purse!? I hate it when that happens! That's why I love to have a few notebooks like these made up to stick in my purse or to have in my car to jot down ideas and notes. For this notebook, I used my Bind It All machine. I love that thing! If you don't have one and you like to make notebooks, it's a seriously great investment. Pretty cheap and easy to use!! You can purchase one and all the supplies at Eclectic Paperie (link at right).

The fun little stickers and tabs are all from Heartwarming Vintage Sticker set called *Office Daisy Dots* from Crafty Secrets. The little *notes* cut out with the angel and bird are from a Heartwarming Vintage booklet. I stamped a blue border along the top and bottom of the notebook, from the French Mail Clear Art Stamps set. Ribbons were added to the binding. If you haven't been to the Crafty Secrets website, you really should visit it soon. New projects are added to the photo gallery weekly and you can also view all the fun new products coming out soon.

Tip of the day: To make easy pages for the notebooks, simply use recipe/index cards. Walmart has a variety of sizes, starting at the 3" x 5" size I used and you can even get gihugic sets now too, lined or unlined. If you use a full pack, make sure to use the 1" binding, otherwise just take some cards out of the pack.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

How cute is that?! I love this idea, but can't seem to decide what kind of notebook I want to carry around. Perhaps I just need to make a few and choose one to carry depending on my mood that day! Thanks for the inspiration!

Selena said...

This is so sweet! Great idea, I may have to try one! TFS

Alhambra Club said...

How cute, great idea, love the ebellishments and colors you used.

Dawn Easton said...

Cute notebook! Thanks for the tip on the recipe cards. I'd have never thought to use those!!

Unknown said...

gihugic - is that gigantically huge??? So, it would be between huge and gigantic or is it even bigger then gigantic??? tee hee!!

Beth Thomas said...

So very cute and a clever idea! What a great combo! The colors are great and I love the style of embellishments!

Jen said...

Michelle,
that is gorgeous you are just so clever arent you!
Would make a great gigt too!
Just love it!

Anonymous said...

As always astonishing work!! I think I'll try this for my granddaughter who is going away to college so that she can document her college experience. I'll put it in a care package I'm putting together for her. I love your work and the tips. I hope you're having a wonderful time with your family.
TFS.

Rose Ann said...

This is so very cool! I so love how you decorated it!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I can't log me in any more *tears*, so I am always anonymous, but I love your work so much. Perhaps I will make 2 for my son's teachers for the end of term, before he leaves this school. I am sure that a teacher would like a notebook as well.... But - if it is really georgous - I might keep it for myself (how selfish is that?)
Nessie

Unknown said...

Your notebook is adorable. And what a great tip about using the index cards!

Vicki Chrisman said...

You do beautiful work Michelle!

Elizabeth Royalty said...

Love this idea! Now I just have to start carrying a purse instead of shoving everything into my pockets! LOL!...

P.S. Love your blog so much that I added it to my favs list on my blog. Let me know if that's not okay! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails