May 15, 2007

Faux Ribbon Contest Entry


I entered this card in the Faux Ribbon contest at Papertrey. Although it wasn't the winning entry, I was thrilled to get an honorable mention from Nichole on her blog. Thank you Nichole for mentioning me! This is one of those cards that is probably one of a kind. I thought and thought about the design of this card and was very pleased with how elegant and *stationery* like it turned out.

Supplies: Stamp set is PT Faux Ribbon, floral paper is from My Mind's Eye, aqua color card stock is Bazzill and ribbon is from the Martha Stewart collection at Michael's.

Well Nichole and her partners have done it again! Another SUPER DUPER CUTE set was released last night.....probably sold out by now as fast as they go! You better head over there NOW if you haven't done so yet. The set is called Little Lady and is the most adorable ladybug set you've ever seen. Once again, Nichole has put a lot of thought into the tiniest details such as the ladybug trail which will also work wonderfully with the butterfly set....the little polka dots.....the different styles of antenna, etc. She is SO clever!! A big hand to her partners also as I'm sure they are packing and shipping like crazy right now!!! Can't wait to get my hands on those goods!!

Tip of the day: When you get your acrylic sets and transfer them to the CD case, keep that hard plastic portion that the images are stuck to and store it in your CD case. This helps to keep the images from sticking together when you re-open the case.

17 comments:

Sharon Harnist said...

Such an elegant card, Michelle -- love the colors and designer paper!

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous! Congrats on the honorable mention! I love the colors and paper you choose.

Dottie K. said...

Love the color combination - such a beautiful card. It's nice to be recognized for you work.

Kim said...

Congrats! A beautiful submission!

Allison Rankin said...

This is amazing...I love it!

Unknown said...

Congrats Michelle! The card is beautiful!! Love your tip, I actually saved the thin sheet of plastic that covered them and use that so they don't stick together but I like your idea! :)

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Mish - beautiful card! I love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this card is stunning. I love everything about it. I will be trying to CASE the design elements. Your attention to detail is amazing. I'm sure you'll win her contest soon!
Kellie

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, the mix of paper and ribbon (even through some if it was faux) made for a very elegant card.

Rose Ann said...

Michelle, I love your beautiful card!! It's so very elegant!!

That is a great tip about keeping the film from the PaperTrey sets. I didn't, and now I have to come up with something else.

Bethany Paull said...

Oh, Mish! This is beautiful! I saw it this morning on Nichole's blog. Congrats on the Hon. Ment.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON THE HONORABLE MENTION! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR CARD!

Sherrie said...

Way to go Mish! What a beautiful simplistic card! It is so classy and clean....love it!

Pam said...

Beautiful Mish, very elegant looking!

Alli Miles said...

Fab card Michelle~congrats on honourable mention too! I just ordered this set along with the newest one. I can't wait to play!!!
Also, I wanted to thank you for the little tip using that sheet. I never even thought of that.
Alli

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, as always. Thanks so much for the business tips as well. My one burning question is: how did you find customers?

Pam Speidel said...

This card is FABULOUS and definitely a WINNER in my eyes! Love the design, colors and how you used this set. Outstanding!
Have to say that I LOVE your new "do" and your blog too! :) Smiles, Pam :) "Stamping with Serendipity"

Related Posts with Thumbnails