January 30, 2013

Project Life 2012..Week 52 + New Year's Eve

The last 2012 Project Life post....today I'm sharing Week 52 which includes Christmas festivities + my New Year's Eve page which wraps up my album.  I will admit that I have about a dozen insert pages to complete yet for 2012.  Mainly photographs that will go into smaller sized page protectors.  I've made my list and am printing and catching up week by week.  

So here's Week 52.  The 2 page spread using lots of my pre-made journaling cards.  
The left page which features a Christmas celebration at my folks.  My niece brought her daughter + her fiancee has kids so it was a very lively time.  
 The right page which features more everyday photos from the week.  Notice the photo of Jordan below.  When I ask for photos now, this is what she gives me.  I'll take it and I hope in 10-20 years her kids act the same way.
I love this main dated 4 x 6 insert. It's a great piece from the October Afternoon papers adorned with some embellished woodcuts and typewriter journaling.
 The 4 x 6 inserts.  Lots of little labels and tabs from October Afternoon.
 This is a 4 x 6 card from Elle's Studio.  Love how my nice loved her new dolly.  Don't let the sweet cheeks fool ya, that girl is a wild child.
 The day after Christmas.  Saying goodbye to the holiday season and the Christmas tree.  I took the ornaments off on the 26th because Charlie had mauled enough of them already.
 More of taking down the tree.  I do miss the mesmerizing lights though for a week or so.
 This photo just melts me.  We babysat for Stella, my sister's miniature wiener dog.  We were worried that Charlie might kill her by accident so we kept a close eye on these two.  They ran and played the entire time.  Charlie would get a little rough then Stella would take all of his big toys and run to her teeny bed and hide them.  Charlie was so polite though and just nudged into her little bed with big puppy dog eyes.
 The 3 x 4 inserts.  A shot of my parents' new puppy Molly + a week in review card.  That fun stamp is from BananaFishStudio.
 Never a dull moment.  Stella escaped while going potty, took a swim in the icy pond, nearly drowned...then my mom's old hair dryer blew fire while trying to dry her off.  It was a Christmas miracle this dog survived the day.  More like the Griswald's family Christmas at our house.
 A fun quote that I found since I love the jars so much. Plus a gift from Jordan, another beautiful cutting board.
 Putting the new stove to good use + a new list of groceries, banking and shopping to be done.
I had two inserts for this week.  First up is this one that I altered from a bigger page protector that had (4) 6 x 6 slots.  I used the XL tags from my shop as bases for journaling cards and some stamping.  I stitched the right side of the page protector edge so that the tags fit in nicely.  For the 6 x 6 inserts I cut cardstock to size and stitched on a grid where small photos could be placed.  Loved this look and will probably use it more in 2013.
 The back side of the insert was dedicated to Charlie. He was sweet but oh so ornery this holiday season.  He would ever so slyly take ornaments off the tree and then chew them to death.  Plus his big wagging tail broke so many ornaments from him just passing by the tree.
This insert was one that I pre-made also, using 2 clear pockets as slots to hold confetti, wood veneer, candy canes and a fun die cut piece from October Afternoon.
 The back side of the insert.  That middle piece is from October Afternoon and was used to make a flipper card.
This is the very page of this album and features New Year's Eve.  I didn't know how to wrap up the album so I thought a full page of New Year's Eve fun was suitable.  
 The 4 x 6 inserts were ones that I had pre-made.  I added another XL tag to this one and added stitching and smaller Instagram phtoos.
 Some 3 x 4 slots featuring Charlie playing in the snow + an embellished card using an Evalicious circle tag + some of my altered wood pieces.
 A little silver shine from the fun sticker letters and some Metal Rim Tags.  The top portion of the 4 x 6 insert uses a Medium White Parcel Tag, cut in half.
Whew, I made it!  I completed 52 weeks of Project Life for 2012.  365 days of our lives were recorded into 3 albums.  I didn't make it with just 2, but this is all the scrapbooking I did for the year so I think that's pretty darn good.  I loved every minute of it and was so glad I took the time to get caught up when I got behind a few months.  I have the 3 albums sitting out in our living room right now, for everyone to view.  We all take a little time to reminisce and laugh over funny photos and stories.

Now I'm on to Project Life 2013 and am caught up to Week 3.  I have a few new processes this year and I'm excited to share those with you starting in February.  It's gonna be a good year, I hope you'll join me!

9 comments:

Dawn Gross said...

Hooray you did it! Pages are lovely - treasures to look at over and over again.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing your 2012 year!!

Heather DG said...

Yay!!! Congrats! Love your Dec pages - looks like you found the balance of Christmas and everyday you were aiming for! Thanks for sharing the journey with us. Wow, sure hope your folks wanted a puppy :)

Susan Lankford said...

Amazing accomplishment and beautiful pictures...would you mind sharing what kind of camera you use and how you print all those pictures?

Debbie said...

FABULOUS job as usual!!
You continue to inspire us all...and we SOO appreciate you taking photo's and sharing with us all!!
LOVE your protectors you've custom made!!

Shan said...

Congrats on completing our beautiful albums! Love your Christmas photos. I really can't believe that it's only been a little over a month ago that Christmas was here. I'm looking forward to your february blog posts too!

crschaf said...

Thanks again for sharing all your Project Life Christmas pages with us! I have to admit I was a little sad knowing this was the end of your Christmas posts but am happy for you that you finished the whole years worth-congrats!

crschaf said...

Thanks again for sharing all your Project Life Christmas pages with us! I have to admit I was a little sad knowing this was the end of your Christmas posts but am happy for you that you finished the whole years worth-congrats!

Dana Weaver Moore said...

These are great and I Love Your Life!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails