January 15, 2013

Project Life 2012....Week 40

I have lots of Project Life weeks from 2012 to share so I think my plan will be to just blog them in chronological order.  I'll probably try to get them all added during the month of January then start my 2013 pages in February.  So prepare for lots of Project Life inspiration.  I'll try to keep the wording short but please feel free to leave questions in the comments section.  :)

Here we go with Week 40 of 2012.  Here's the 2 page spread.  After such a scorching hot Summer, the temperatures are finally dropping and it's beginning to look a little bit like Fall outside.
The left page.  I was in catch up mode from getting behind during the Summer months so I kept my inserts very clean and simple. 
 The right page. Lots of photos to share which made it easy to keep the embellishments to a minimum.
 Photo journaling on the main, dated insert.  I found it to be a time saver to add this journaling before printing.  I just 5 minutes here and there to add it with the Phonto app on my iPhone.
This week I had 2 inserts also.  I really love the inserts because I know there are extra stories that were told. But dang, they add add extra bulk to my albums which brought me to a total of 3 for 2012.  It's all good though because I just treasure these memories.  
 This is an 8.5 x 11 traditional page.  I don't do very many of these but I do like the challenge once in a while.  I kept the photo very large to fill the page then added minimal embellishments.
 Loved the gold chipboard letters, the stamped Printed Hang Tag and the typewriter journaling on a 4 x 6 Becky Higgins PL grid journaling card.
Here I have the back side of the 8.5 x 11 page which has another traditional layout of Jordan's 14th birthday.  Then the opposite insert on the right was trimmed down.  
 With Jordan skipping 2nd grade, she is quite a bit younger than most of her classmates. It's a big deal when she catches up to their age.  It wasn't just 14...it was FINALLY 14! Sorry for the blurry photo.
 I added Jordan's name with chipboard letters.  Love to stitch through those.
 On the right insert, I kept the photos simple with a white printed border and then added 3 x 4 Becky Higgins journaling cards.  I used an Ali Edwards stamp, some Studio Calico letters and My Mind's Eye papers.  A little sparkly American Crafts glitter tape adds a little bling to the birthday theme.
 This is the back side of the above divided insert.  More photos of the birthday festivities.  Changing blurry photos or ones with off colors to black and white helps to really blend everything together.
 More 3 x 4 embellished journaling cards with MME papers, stamping and some stickers.  Lots of typewriter journaling.
 And here's a final shot of the inserts in the album.  Love it. Simple, well planned out in advance, lots of photos, lots of stories.....great memories.  Just the way I like my scrapbooking.
Thanks for stopping by today.  :)

4 comments:

cjgusloff57 said...

I enjoy your Project Life even though it is not something I do. Since my children and grands are all grown up,it would not work for me but I do enjoy reading and looking at yours and the process you go through. I had a manual typewriter and sold it when we moved to a smaller house. Darn, wish I had it back. Believe me, I am looking for another one. Hubby will probably have a fit! LOL!
Love all of your work and fabulous ideas. Thanks! Corrine Ann

Karina Beck said...

Love your PL. I get very inspired!

libbywilko said...

I loved both sides of your 8.5 x11 insert ! Thanks for the great PL pages.

Dawn Gross said...

enjoyed your pages - as always. new blog header is lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails