January 18, 2013

Friday finds...

This year my One Little Word is Find.  Let's see what this Friday finds us: 

A few new crock pot recipes.....these were a few keepers that I found on Pinterest.  Cheesy Ravioli Casserole....from Betty Crocker.  A really easy recipe and this one could be a good freezer meal to prepare in advance too.  Nacho Grande Soup from Six Sisters' Stuff.....this one looks a little plain in the slow cooker but serve it over crushed chips and it's really yummy.  I doubled this recipe. Like enchiladas in soup form. Smothered Chili Colorado Burritos....um, we're talking restaurant quality here, folks.  We loved this one. This recipe involves cooking the meat in the sauce all day then you do a little prep work to prepare the burritos under the broiler.  Take the extra time because these are good!

Something fun for Project Life......as I'm continuing to work on my 2013 Project Life, it's always fun to add something new to the mix. I'm trying to keep my layouts fairly flat so that I don't end up with lots of bulky pages.  Stamps are always a good resource and I really like the Studio Calico/Hero Arts stamp set from the Block Party Project Life Kit.  Below you can see a few of the stamps in use on my Project Life pages.  I love the dates, the @ sign and graphic feel to this set and I'm hoping that the upcoming monthly kit stamps follow suit.  I'm pretty sure the stamps are going to be my favorite part of the SC kit if the look of this month's set continues.  We'll see what the upcoming kits bring.  I have a few other favorite stamp companies that I like to use on my Project Life as well.  I'll be sharing those with you soon.  
Found inspiration.....I came across the photo below on Pinterest from Leslie Shewring and just loved the mix of colors.  I thought it would make a great inspiration piece to spark some crafty ideas.  Something fresh and floral for the new year.  
Then it just so happened that I came across this pretty tablescape that I pinned from Leslie Shewring also. I must be channeling these colors right now.  
I found this pin from Ann-Marie Morris of this lovely row of jars with floral finds.  Same colors and feel. So pretty.
And then when Leslie tweeted this color inspiration photo I just knew that I must use all these little pretties as inspiration.  Perhaps you will be inspired also....
So if you're up for some inspiration and have some crafty time this weekend, how about trying out this combination:  peach, mint, teal, florals and woodgrain.  Feel free to link me up in the comments section if you give something a go.  :)

You'll find me.....at yet another basketball game today.  The high schoolers are getting dismissed early to go watch our boys play in the tournament this afternoon. I better scoot on out of here because the girls will be home soon and I'm the designated taxi driver.  :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Dawn Gross said...

this is a fun feature! happy weekend!

Dawn

Meredith said...

Mish, I LOVE your pins... I really need to start following you. Those spring colours are just so beautiful, both for creating with, but also for decorating. I love posts like this one!

Anonymous said...

i like your going flat w/ PL idea ;) cool recipes, too...xo

Linda said...

Love this post, although its not our season to get out the slow cooker I'm book marking these recipes to use then and I love that colour combo so pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails