January 11, 2013

One Little Word 2013....

I decided to choose One Little Word for 2013. My word is find.  I was looking for something to add to my blog and I decided that choosing a word for the year might pose some interesting conversations.  I was looking up a few words and came across the word find for a synonym for another word I was looking at.  The brainstorming began and I found myself with lots of inspiration.

One Little Word is a concept by Ali Edwards.  You can more information at Ali's blog here.
A few of the intriguing points that caught my eye about my word are some of these definitions/phrases.....to come upon by chance, to discover, to feel or perceive, to become aware, bargain, gem, good buy, treasure, happen upon, light upon, locate, notice, run across, spot, stumble upon, uncover, acquire, believe, deduce, get the idea, suppose, think, propose, and uncover.

I also made a few starter phrases that I could be fun to tinker around with this year.....finding out, I find this to be true, find a way, find yourself, finding the perfect, finding your style, finding out this or that, finding time for, the perfect find, and you'll find me here.   I'm hoping to really get into the stories that go along with my Project Life and I think that my One Little Word might trigger a few ideas.  I hope you'll join me as we might just find out a few new things this year.

I thought perhaps some Friday finds might be fun so I'll be adding some fun links for you from time to time.  A good way to pass the time while waiting for the weekend.....

a slow cooker recipe...
I found this one from The Crockin' Girls called Mandy's Big Mess and it is a repeated favorite.  It also freezes very well, just dump all the ingredients into a freezer zip lock bag.  I use smoked turkey sausage, leave out the jalapeno sometimes and usually double the recipe so that I can send leftovers over to my folks.  Also the Slow Cookin' Companion cookbook by The Crockin' Girls is a great resource.  I gave a copy to my mother in law for Christmas and she loves it too.  I'd look on Amazon for a better deal perhaps.

an inspiring new friend....
I've recently had a few chats with Naomi Atkins.  She is delightful to share fun stuff with like paper crafting, photography and junkin' finds.  I think we could do a mean road trip together.  Have you seen her scrapbook layouts?  Naomi is a photographer and takes the most dreamy, vintage and well posed photos using lots of junkin' props.  Then she takes them, blows them up wayyy big and creates the most fantastical scrapbook layouts.  Her designs and color/paper choices are so wonderful.  Always a good time to take a break when I see a new layout from Naomi.  And a new friend to chat with....always welcome in my book.

a pretty little place....
I'm craving the fresh greens of Spring.  Let's go here.  I'll bring the stumpy chairs.

a little artsy love...
Really wanting to get out my paints & art supplies this year and just see what happens.  This is awesome.

a cool blog and magazine....
FOLK magazine and blog..a fresh approach to simple, authentic living.  Telling real stories of American life.  Great photographs, articles from lots of contributors and a nice little place to visit. Subscriptions are just $10 bucks right now.

a few new finds in my shop....
I just updated the shop this morning with some new Valentine themed products.  You can find them here.  You can see new sample projects along with the items listed.  I'll have those up on the blog this weekend for a better view.  Here's a little sampling for today...
Thanks for joining me today.  You'll find me working on my first week of Project Life 2013 for the rest of the morning and then I'll be at the basketball games tonight.  Tomorrow you'll find me at a rodeo.  Yup,  the hubby donated some equipment use to the rodeo people and he got free tickets in return.  I said I wanted more road trips this year....so here we go.  ;)

7 comments:

pinkladynz said...

You were a wonderful "Finf"when I stumbled on your blog maybe several years ago. Lovely cards, life scrapping a, junkingand a bit of Kansas life. I will keep on visiting for. Inspiration !!!

pinkladynz said...

You were a wonderful "Finf"when I stumbled on your blog maybe several years ago. Lovely cards, life scrapping a, junkingand a bit of Kansas life. I will keep on visiting for. Inspiration !!!

richardbreaks said...

Michelle, this is a great idea. I think it could be called "one little VERB", since a verb means DOING. I like that you chose an ACTIVE verb as well.

I absolutely am so enchanted by the products you come up with.. I would love to read MUCH more about your creative process as it pertains to your shop, and how others (me, actually) could figure out their/my own versions based on their/my personal style. What has worked for you, what do you suggest someone NEVER do, etc. I would love to read your insights!
Thanks so much for all the inspiration!
Cheers!

Dawn Gross said...

Great word! Are you taking the online class or just doing your own thing? Neat links - love the artsy barns! Some things have been happening in nearby towns that aren't making me happy. I told Bill we should pack up the kids and head to KS to a cow farm!

Unknown said...

Great word for the year. Loved the links. I am always interested in your process for creating. I am (as always) looking forward to what you come up with this year on your blog. You are very inspiring.--Diana F.

suzeyq said...

Love your word, and the way you "researched" it! I have decided to pick a word this year, and it is flexible. I want to be more flexible in so many different areas of my life. I think I will research my word also, and hmmm... perhaps a scrapbook page.

suzeyq said...

Love your word, and the way you "researched" it! I have decided to pick a word this year, and it is flexible. I want to be more flexible in so many different areas of my life. I think I will research my word also, and hmmm... perhaps a scrapbook page.

Related Posts with Thumbnails