December 23, 2011

Paper Bag Gift Pouch..

Sooo, how is the holiday going for you? About this time of year, I'm ready to just enjoy time with my family and let all of the preparations go. What's done is done. What didn't get done can wait. There always seems to be people that I forget to get gifts for. Just those little thank you type gifts to show your friendship and appreciation. Usually for me, these gifts are of the paper crafted variety which most of my friends and family love. So as always I end up making some gifts well after the holiday is over and they become lovely little New Year's gifts of sorts.

Last year those gifts were my paper bag pouches with notebooks and little cards tucked inside. Here's a creation I created while guesting at Cosmo Cricket. Some of my favorite projects ever. You can see the full post with all the little details here.
I stitched together little pouches from paper bags, made notebooks and little coordinating cards. Very cute and well received.
Here's another batch I made. I remember using these for teacher treats. So easy to tuck in packaged candies, cookies in glassine sacks, cards and more. You can see the full post for these pouches here.
This year I used a similar design but went with a more neutral color palette to match the little notebooks I made here. Inside I tucked an embellished notebook and 2 small thank you cards. I plan to write little note telling the recipient that if they choose they can keep the goodies for themselves or re-use the embellished pouch another gift. Just tuck more goodies inside.
For the pouch I used my Paper Bag Pockets. Very neutral so they can be embellished a million different ways. I used a Dainty Doily and stamps from My Mind's Eye along with their tiny circle garland. I tied the pouch up with Wrinkle Ribbon from the shop plus a stamped Large White Tag. An Elle's Studio tag is tucked under the Wrinkle Ribbon. Studio Calico Mister Huey mist was splattered over the finished pouch.
For the small thank you cards, I used a sentiment from a My Mind's Eye stamp set along with a paper doily, Washi tape and brown baker's twine. I stitched pockets for these from vellum. These will be great to tuck into a little thank you gift or along with a home baked treat.
The embellished notebook was made from my Plain Jane Notebook Kits which are on sale now in the shop. They include a fun variety of lined, grid and ledger papers plus a few embellishments to add on.
A great little gift set. I need to make up lots of these for little New Year's gifts + they will be nice to just have on hand. For mailing, simply wrap in tissue and place in a bubble mailer. Flat packaged candies like little chocolate squares, etc are always a fun treat to tuck in also. You could also leave out the notebooks and cards and replace with fat quarters of fabric for the sewer on your list. So many possibilities.
Hope you enjoy! Back to the holiday fun for me. I'll have some updated Project Life layouts for you the rest of this week + some fun packaging Jordan made using Papertrey goodies. See ya soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is gorgeous! So cute & awesome! Love these cards.

Kristy Hansen said...

cute gift ideas....would be great valentine gifts too....too late for this Christmas...so looking ahead a bit.

Anonymous said...

These are super cute. I wish I had taken the time to make up some little gifts like this to have on hand. I can make some next week to have for the New Year. I used your paper bag/doily idea for wrapping some gifts this year. They turned out darling! Thank you for so generously sharing your ideas. Therese

noomiy said...

first thing- amazing colors!

Related Posts with Thumbnails