December 22, 2011

Project Life Week of November 6-November 12, 2011

Today I have a more recent Project Life layout to show. The highlight of this week was getting our new puppy, Charlie. I'll be adding in some page protector inserts to highlight a few more photos of that special day.
If I recall right I think I used a lot of Studio Calico product from a monthly kit plus Project Life items from the Amber collection. Here's my left page.
And here's the right page. Some of our favorite photos are ones that feature the girls with all their friends. Jordan has a photo with all her girlfriends while at an 8th grade movie night. And we love the photo of Jordan with her friend face timing two other friends. Isn't technology a wonderful thing?
For my main, dated insert I used a Large Journaling Tag from Elle's Studio. The 4 x 6 size is perfect for Project life. I also added 2 styles of chipboard letters. I had to mix and match the letters on "Charlie" because I ran out of some of the woodgrain letters. The silhouette paper along the bottom is from Studio Calico and the fabric scallops came in a SC kit also.
To speed things along this week, I hand wrote all my journaling. Here I added Studio Calico sticky notes + some patterned paper + the little people Washi tape. I used my date stamp three times on one journaling card, listing three events on one card.
Here I used a page from a Smash Book journaling book. On the right, I added some typing to an Amber journaling card along with a small photo. I love adding in the small photos to the journaling cards.
Here I used an Amber journaling card that was stamped with an Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday stamp. A little more Washi tape with staples and the date stamp. On the right I used a Studio Calico chipboard butterfly and stitched on some more of the Studio Calico silhouette patterned paper.
More chipboard letters here with a play on the word party....to partay as the girls would say. I finished up with another Smash Book journaling page and a leftover snippet of the scallop fabric.
So, how are we wrapping up our 2011 Project Life albums? Are you caught up? Way behind? My goal is to have my 2011 main pages completed IN 2011. I have 2 layouts to catch up. Then I have lots of inserts pages to work on. My goal for 2012 is to work on my current pages plus catch up on the insert pages...maybe 2 weeks at a time. I was going to do some traditional scrapbook layouts but now I'm thinking I'll just add in more of the Project Life page protectors. The pages will get completed much faster that way. We'll see.

Today:
Lots of house cleaning. Josey is having friends over and we're gearing up for 2 big sleepover parties to break in the new Lounge. I've had some request for photos of the new room so I'll try to do that soon. :)

4 comments:

Theresa & Keith said...

Another great layout!!! Loving your album. I am behind...but not too worried about it. I have all the photos to date...just need to add journaling and dress up the pages a little. (Thanks to you for all your inspiration!) I keep a journal I write in every night so I'm not worried...The strories will be told. I'm really hoping to have it completed before year end. I am off work until Jan 4 2012 so I should be able to get this done!

lisa westphal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lisa westphal said...

**Sorry about deleting last comment...I proofed it *after* posting it...yikes!!**
Love the texture of the stitching, tape, muslin scallops, chippy butterfly, stampy stuff..etc. :) I think it makes each of your LO's look amazing!! :) So glad I stopped in for some inspiration...-I've definitely been refuel :) Thanks!! *U ROCK!!*

Marty said...

I really enjoy seeing your PL posts. You do a great job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails