December 2, 2011

Daily December 2011.....album cover

Hi everyone, I love all the blog buzz that is filled with December Daily postings. Such a fun time of year to be a crafty person. I couldn't let my December Daily get kicked off without having a cover for my album. I knew I wanted something chipboard-y but couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then it came to me to try something with the chipboard calendars from the Studio Calico December Daily kit(looking for the link but can't seem to locate it at SC).

I trimmed two of the calendars down to 6.5" to fit my 6" x 6" album. I splattered, inked and stitched....then embellished.
Both of the alphabets and the date stickers are from the Studio Calico kit. *Notes from Christmas* circle piece is from Elle's Studio. Pom pom trim is from Crate Paper's Peppermint holiday collection. Bells, ornament red/white twine and sparkly sprig are from my stash of goodies.
I love the white splatters from Mister Huey White from Studio Calico. This chipboard piece is from Echo Park, I believe.
My little album is turning out to be quite thick already. I can't wait to fill it up with holiday memories.
I've got my Day 1 and Day 2 in the works + a special page about Charlie, our new dog. I'll be posting updates soon. Plus, I've got lots of Project Life updates in the works. Happy December everyone!

15 comments:

Julie said...

{love} this so much! Mish...how do you get those great paint splatters...I just can't seem to do it!! I need to see you in action! Have a wonderful December!

noomiy said...

lovely one!

Stephanie said...

absolutely gorgeous!

lisa westphal said...

Ohhh, I love it Michelle!!! Absolutely perfect.

Tracy said...

Beautiful..love it and look forward to seeing more!!
I have just started one for the very first time and loving it,lol!

Cindy said...

Love the cover! I can't wait to see how you do each day. I wish I had thought to do something like this when my kids were young. It would be pretty boring now:)

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE your cover!!! I haven't done my cover, I was thinking of waiting until I really got a "feel" for the album, since this is my first one, but yours is GREAT!!! Might have to use it for inspiration! thanks

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Very sweet...you have captured the Christmas spirit for sure!

bealacigale said...

I love IT !

Kristy Hansen said...

thank you for sharing your cover--great ideas.....ksh

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE this to bits Michelle! The pompoms are delightful!!!

jennV said...

Gorgeous. That calendar is SO perfect on the cover. I got your blog address from a woman at my bus stop and am so darned excited reading it. Love your ideas!!

Diana F. said...

This cover just makes me happy, love it! I like the candy cane striped letters and the pom poms.

Judith said...

Mish this cover is inspirational! Thanks for sharing all you do.

Shelly K said...

LOVE your cover!

Related Posts with Thumbnails