December 9, 2011

Etsy Kit Creations....

This week, I have two new kits in my Etsy shop. The first one is my Ledger & Lace Kit which is packed full of sample ledger, dictionary, sheet music, and school book papers, paper doilies, tags, punched items, clips, coin envelopes, index journaling cards and more. You can use it to create unique journaling cards, collages, tags, gift wraps, scrapbook pages, etc.
I also have my Butterfly Notebook Kit which is perfect for creating a gift for a friend, teacher, etc. Kit comes unassembled so some cutting, scoring and assembly is required.
I've got a few samples to show you some creations I made from the two kits. First I used some items from the Butterfly Notebook Kit & and the Ledger & Lace Kit to make a get well card for one of the girls' friends. She had a bad bout of the flu and then had to have emergency surgery to remove her appendix. She definitely needs a cheery card. As with any of my kits, you can use them in a mixy matchy sort of way. My card uses a mix of the butterfly embellishment, patterned papers and splattered cardstock from the notebook kit plus I pulled some elements from the Ledger & Lace Kit. I used one of my favorite sketches to speed up the creative process. You can see the assembled notebook on the left which uses all items from the notebook kit.
I love to personalize cards for teenagers. I think they love to see their names on items. Plus Brittney loves butterflies so I know she'll like her card from the girls.
The Feel Better Soon sentiment is from Papertrey's Think Big Favorites #10. Card base is Kraft cardstock. Butterfly was created with the Signature Series: Butterfly die.
I switched gears and did a grouping of journaling cards for a Project Life week with items from the Ledger & Lace Kit. I think it's a great idea to have some handmade journaling cards ready from time to time. This particular grouping will be used as a coordinating set for one week of Project Life. I'll mix in other journaling cards from my Project Life kits to fill in the blank spots.
This is a 4 x 6 main, dated card that I'll add the stamped date to and maybe a few chipboard letters for a weekly title. The base insert is from a Project Life kit. Manila tag, Kraft punched label and pewter star are from the Ledger & Lace kit.
Here, I embellished some grid journaling cards from Project Life. From the kit, I used book paper, a punched Kraft circle and a snippet of a paper doily.
All of the chipboard elements on the above cards are from My Mind's Eye line of Fun Day elements, shown below. I'll most likely mix in a few more of the papers & embellishments for this particular week. I got all my MME goodies from 2Peas.
Next, I created some single journaling cards using Ledger & Lace Kit items. I'll use these cards when I just want to pull one from my stash. On the left I used a grid sack with a large manila tag insert. The front of the sack was embellished with a piece of ledger paper from the kit + a scrap of patterned paper, Washi tape, misting with a Studio Calico mask and an Ali Edwards stamp. The right journaling card features a stitched journaling card and a small coin envelope with a book paper flap, Washi tape border and pull out tag.
Both of these cards will be interactive by being able to pull out the tags and adding small photos or journaling. For the right card, I stapled a stamped Large White Tag to the coin envelope, enabling the viewer to pull the entire piece out of the journaling slot. A small tag will be inside with a little story.
Here I used two journaling cards that I created using index cards with rounded corners. Lots of pieces and parts from the kit were used like the metal clip, 2 halves of some stamped circles, and green ledger paper. These will mix and match with any week and I'm going to love being able to have some journaling cards already made up. If you have a stack of the grid journaling cards from Project Life, you can easily use my Ledger & Lace kit to make up dozens of pre-made cards to have on hand.
And that's it for today. I've been busy quilting and we pretty much living at the basketball gyms in the evenings. With both girls full into the basketball season now, we spend 3-4 nights watching their games.

Daily December:
I've had requests for some December Daily updates. I've been taking photos and getting little stories ready but it's kind of a work in progress right now. With our schedule being so heavy with school functions right now, there aren't a lot of other holiday events going on for us. I'm debating for next year if I should just fit it all into my Project Life album by adding smaller insert pages.

Project Life Updates:
I have lots. And lots. I'll be scattering those in here and there soon. Stay tuned to hear how much I've been catching up....... :)

5 comments:

Ruby said...

Love your items, your ideas, your work...well, I could go on and on...found you from a link at Makeover Monday and am sooooo glad I did. Thanks so much for sharing your talent!!

Julie Campbell said...

I love your card & notepad! It's so fresh & fun! Great ideas for the journaling cards too. Your posts are always so inspiring!

Theresa & Keith said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! I have been reading all of your project life posts...wow! I just love how you add so much to the journal cards...awesome!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

FUN post Mish!!!

pnkgeeni said...

I love those kits! Planning on stocking up on crafty things early 2012.

Related Posts with Thumbnails