December 4, 2011

Project Life Week of August 14-August 20

Another Project Life week that is wrapping up the Summer for us. I'm working backwards to blog my *catch up* weeks before I move on to a few newer weeks. Fishing with Dad, picking oodles of zucchini and wondering what to do with it all, jelly making, a funny story from Eric when he wore his shirt inside out to work and good times with friends.
The left page.
The right page.
Love this main title insert. I use up a lot of my sticker and chipboard letters for these. An Elle's Studio journaling card was used for the base and then I added a tiny yo yo and a Dainty Doily that has the stamped dates.
Here I used my vintage typewriter for journaling. Pinked circle is from Studio Calico, journaling tag is from Elle's Studio. Stamp is from Ali Edwards' Technique Tuesday collection. Button is torn from old button card.
Here I used a pink Chevron Bag from my shop (more coming in the future) to hold some additional journaling. Tag is from Elle's Studio, sticky note is from Studio Calico.
October Afternoon papers, Elle's Studio circle journaling spot and grid journaling card from a Project Life kit cut down to fit on patterned paper.
Here I used an Instax mini photo with journaling and epoxy brad + a photo of a whiteboard that was trimmed down.
I'm already loving these Summer pages. The weeks go by so quickly and I'm glad I captured some fun memories. I'll have lots more Project Life updates coming as I've been making some great progress. I'll also be showing some of my Daily December pages....perhaps a 3-4 days grouped together in one post.

Off to finish decorating the tree and puppy proofing the house for the holidays. The men (+ 2 little reds occasionally) are out deer hunting today. Jordan took a break to finish a library book and to set up her beloved Christmas village. We decided to keep it out of the way of Charlie this year so we set up in their new Lounge in the basement. Jordan is very excited about it. We've also set out a big crock pot full of chili and all the fixin's so we could all eat at different times. It's pretty much how it goes during deer season. Josey has perfect Scotcharoo cookies. She just googled the recipe and off she went. I love that she's taking a little more interest in cooking.

Me? I'm like Forrest Gump today.......if someone needs fed, I feed them. If someone wants to decorate the house, I decorate. If I feel like scrapbooking, I scrapbook. If someone needs a ball uniform washed, I wash it. Just a puttering kind of day at home. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these pages. I haven't even started yet (plan on it with the new year) or gotten my kit yet, but you are making me think maybe I don't even need the kit? Love how you are using a hodgepodge of stuff. I can totally use up my stash, and I've got to remember this!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

This is such an adorable spread! Thanks for the inspiration! I can't wait to start PL in 2012!!!

Jennifer said...

I agree with the puttering around kind of days... they are the best! Even better if you stay in your pajamas all day :)

Dawn Gross said...

puttering days are the best!

resell phone cards said...

Great article....!!!Nice to know about new things with helping concept.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed your pages this week. I can't wait to see what you come up with for December Daily. I am loving both projects so much (December Daily and Project Life.)

SSCHRH76 said...

Michelle,
Just have to say that I L-O-V-E, LOVE your layouts! I stalk your blog daily because I can't wait to see what the next PL layouts will look like. I am starting a calendar for PL thanks to you ;) and am going to get my friend to do the same. We are newbies to PL and haven't started and are already behind for 2011, so hopeuflly for 2012 it means we will be right on track. can't wait to see your next post ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails