December 12, 2011

Merry Christmas card featuring new Wrinkle Ribbon...

Hi there. Have you guys the calendar lately? It's less than 2 weeks til Christmas. I've been busy quilting, going to basketball games and working on the girls' new room. No shopping, no cards sent...just enjoying my family and Charlie, the wonder dog. It's all good though because I just don't get caught up in the material part of Christmas anymore. It's not what it's about to me and my family. I'm planning on doing a little shopping one day this week in the big city and that's it. The rest of our holiday will be spent at home watching Hallmark movies, cozy-ing up by the fire and keeping Charlie from tearing apart the house. :) I do plan on sending out Christmas cards though still. I'll be working yet this week to get those wrapped up + I need to make some teacher treats. So you might be seeing some tags & wraps soon too.

Today I have a Christmas card that I created using some new October Afternoon goodies I got from Studio Calico. The line is called Holiday Style and I'm using papers from the 8 x8 pad and some embellishments from a package of Flour Sack goodies. Such a cute little collection. For my stamp that I stamped 3 times from one inking, I used Papertrey's Inside & Out: Holiday. I love that the inside sentiments are rather lengthy...makes it easy to write a short note and sign our names. :)
I also used a big of my new Wrinkle Ribbon that I have up in the shop today. I haven't made any in a while and wanted some to pretty up some cards. I have 5 new colors, all bundled up in the shop here.
Lately I've been leaving really long tails on all my ribbons and twine. I love that it makes everything seem like it's wrapped up like a present. The Wrinkle Ribbon has such a soft and pretty drape, it hangs really well on a card. I also used a Vintage Button in Pure Poppy plus some red baker's twine to tie up the loopy bow. For the scalloped, plaid border I used Papertrey's Simple Circles Border Die. It's one of my very favorite and most used dies from PTI.
At the bottom of my card I used 2 Flour Sack pieces with a hand cut, notched piece of patterned paper sandwiched in between. Base card of Rustic White was splattered with Mister Huey spray mist from Studio Calico. I also used some Fluffy Snow to create an instant frosty look on my card. I just used a little Elmer's glue smudged on the edges of the card and then sprinkled on the snow. I think I'll use this on cards well into the winter months for when it really gets cold.
In between the basketball games, I did manage to slip into a thrift shop on the way. I've been trying to stay out of them as I don't need a darn thing. But the little vintage bottle brush Christmas trees that you see in the first photo just had to come home with me. Hope your week is off to a great start!

5 comments:

Sandy S said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing...

Donna K said...

it's fun to see a card from you again. your lovely layouts always inspire me and the ribbon colors are great. I do like the long tails too which work especially well with the softer ribbon. thanks

Evgenia Petzer said...

lovely!

crazymom said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Stressing about the holidays just takes away the joy! You have inspired me to take on Project Life! I am so excited and can't wait to get started! Thanks for taking the time to post and inspire me!

andie smith. said...

i really like the longer tails on the bows...and what a cute, jolly looking santa in the corner...love him! merry christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails