December 13, 2011

Christmas Tag Trio...

Time to get busy making some gift tags for teacher and neighbor gifts. I like to have a stash on hand that can be added to simple brown bag type packaging. Lisa Truesdell's trio of misted tags were the perfect inspiration I needed. I gathered up a few of my holiday supplies and went to work.
Here's my creation of three colorful tags that will perfect for any gift. I used a Large Manila Tag, a Medium Manila Tag and a Small Manila Tag from my shop as the bases.
I splattered my tags with Studio Calico Mister Huey spray mist in green. Each tag also has a punched piece of cork as an accent piece with layers of October Afternoon Holiday Style Flour Sack embellishments on top.
I added buttons and vintage twine to the stars on the two larger tags.
Each tag base also has a few strips of October Afternoon Holiday Style patterned paper plus some Washi tape here and there.
I finished off each tag with a candy cane clothespin that I had in my shop earlier this holiday season.
For the back of the tags, I made simple to/from labels by typing on store bought striped labels that I found at Target. I just slipped the entire sheet of labels into my vintage typewriter and typed the words. A fun little trio of tags that took very little time to make. Into my stash basket of holiday tags they go. :)
If you'd like to try your hand at a few handmade tags of your own, I put together a handful of Tag & /Cork Sampler Kits in the shop. There's a sample of the 3 sizes of manila tags I carry plus some cork embellishments and a few clothespins. The tags and clothespins can also be purchased separately if you need bigger quantities. Have fun!
Tomorrow is my big shopping day in the city. We're definitely not going overboard this year so it should be easy to stick to the list....get in and get out of the stores.....then back home to my little place in the country. Just how I like it. So how's your holiday going? Are you frizzled, frazzled? Do you need a cup of margarita nog yet? ;)

9 comments:

Theresa & Keith said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing..they look awesome.

Jytte said...

Lovely tags !!

Kristy Hansen said...

I love these tags. Simple but a great keepsake. thank you for sharing. ksh

Anonymous said...

Forget the egg and the nog...just give me the margarita! Ha! Cute tags,too. Maybe I'll have time next year... Have a great holiday. Merry Christmas. Robin B.

Aninha said...

I love this idea!
very adorable

Kathleen said...

These tags are adorable - you have inspired me to get out my washi tape for my tags this year! OK, so I have tried several of your recipes over the last year or so and love them all, but Margarita Nog? Maybe not. Margarita, yes! Nog, yes! but together? You really made me laugh this morning!

Lisa Elton said...

Love these fun tags Michelle! And I'm with you;home is the best place to be and with Christmas less is more! Have fun in the city ;)

KAT said...

Margarita - well I can always use one of those but I'm not frizzled - I love the holiday season! I start early so that I can enjoy it and that way I don't get stressed out... I just wish it would snow! Love your little tags and those candy cane striped clothes pins!

Holly said...

Hi Michelle~
I saw one of your sayings on Pinterest and just put it on my blog with credit to you. I hope that is okay....I love it! I enjoyed stopping by your place.

Related Posts with Thumbnails