December 3, 2008

Hard Work!

It's been a stressful week for my dear hubby at work. He's so good at what he does and works very hard. This week, he got a big promotion and is now the *boss man* as I call him. The promotion came the hard way....by someone else losing their job.....and most likely Eric will have to lay off several other employees very soon. That part disheartens him but it's part of his role. So to be super supportive, I made Eric his favorite lasagna supper and had this card below sitting on the table when he got home last night.
My friends Cami and Joy....and my friend Marianne from Copic....have begun a new venture. They recently released their first stamp sets from their brand new company called Our Craft Lounge. Marianne has put her artistic skills to work by illustrating the images, she's such a creative gal. The girls were kind enough to send me a stamp set to work with and I chose this fun little beaver set called Bubs the Beaver. Be sure to navigate around the website for other fun sets and lots of creative inspiration. Congratulations and good luck to my friends!!!
Here's the inside of the card. I printed the script wording off of my computer and stamped the *hard work* using my JustRite stamps from the Times Roman alphabet and a rectangle wood stamper. I love to use computer journaling mixed with hand stamping. It's a quick and fun way to mix and match fonts.
I colored my image in with Copic markers, using the woodsy patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket for inspiration. I wanted the beaver to look like he's been working hard so I gave him some blushed cheeks. All you have to do to achieve this look is to lay down your base color of brown, and then us a lighter blush color to make some splotches. Just hold the sketch tip of the marker in one spot and it will begin to bleed out the darker brown color. Easy peasy but oh so fun!

Well, this busy little beaver has to get back to work! Have a great day everyone!!

13 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Love the card and it's so perfect. Congrats to your husband on his new position. It's nice to hear that hard work does pay off. :)

Lisa Foster said...

Oh what a CUTE, CUTE, CUTE card! Congrats to your hubby! I'm off to the Craft Lounge to check out their stuff...tfs!

DeeDee said...

Awwww, CONGRATS to your sweet hubby!! YAY for you making him a special supper and a card to boot....what a good wifey you are!!! That is one adorable little beaver with his rosey cheeks...I love it!!! I just posted Pat the Dog today....aren't those stamps FUN!!! You know I gotta get them ALL!!! LOL!! HUGS!!!

Rachelle said...

lol, I love that sentiment. cute beaver. Congrats to the hubby.

Anonymous said...

Now that is sweet! I love him and the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Super adorable card and so appropriate for the occasion!! Congrats to your hubby!! All the best wishes in his new position!

Michelle said...

I love your blog and wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award :) check out my blog for the award. :)

Anonymous said...

congrats to the hubster!! and, adorable card! yay for the new venture for the girls...can't wait to see what they come up with!
thanks!
chelle

Linda Carson said...

You're a good wife! Congrats to your dh!!! You should celebrate by buying more stamps!

Debbie Corbari said...

Congrats to your dh! This card is way too cute!

C said...

Ok, admit it...you're super woman, right. I knew it, I just knew it and now it's official. Super cute idea. I still can't get that font to download in a usable manner...grrrr.

Pauline said...

Love that stamp :o)

CreativeMish said...

LOL! What a cute card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails