December 31, 2008

Basketball Card

Happy New Year's Eve! Do you have big plans? I'd love to hear about your fun evening. Us? We're staying home, having a taco night, watching basketball.....and loving it!! We've had extra kids here all week long so a night to ourselves will be nice.

For Josey's next basketball practice, she's supposed to bring a note stating her strengths and weaknesses. I thought it would be a great time to send a thank you note along to give to Josey's coach. Coaches love to hear that praise and like to be recognized for what they do. They put a lot of time and effort into our kids, so be sure to let them know you appreciate them!

Here's my card below. I was able to assemble this in about 10 minutes! I used my handy dandy Canon Selphy printer to print off a black and white photo of Josey's ball team and made it into a simple card. Then I used Just Rite Stamper's self inking stamps to create words arranged in a *ransom* style. I love the black and white colors and the inspiring words. A ribbon finishes off the outside of the card and I used a *thank you* sentiment from JustRite on the inside. Here's a closeup of the words, simply stamped on white cardstock and then cut into strips. Easy peasy but a pretty cool look. I think I'll be incorporating a lot more photos into my cards now that I have my little printer too.

Until supplies are gone, Just Rite is offering these self inking stamps for just a buck! One buck, one smackaroo, 100 pennies!! I took my basket full of these little stampers and some notebook paper to Josey's basketball practice the other morning. It was the best entertainment for 6 little kids that I could think of and we never heard a peep out of them. They loved them!!! Check out the link to the Dollar Store section at Just Rite HERE.

8 comments:

Dottie K. said...

What a perfect card. Love the photo, just adds that special touch. Staying in with hubby and we rented 2 movies. Enjoy your time with your family. Happy New Year! :)

Michelle said...

That's a great card - what a great idea to do for coaches and teachers! I took advantage of the Just Rite sale and bought 2 of everything - so cheap!! - one for me, one for gifts!

Anonymous said...

Love your card...I have been using photo on my cards too....Love the basketball idea..have a granddaughter that plays high school ball...
Husband and I went out for supper and then came home ..We had our 1st date 35 years ago tonight!..New Year's Eve 1973..

Anonymous said...

Great card. Coaches do need some praise.
I am home with my 15 yr old who had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled today. Hubby and sons are at church for a service and game night.
Have a great new year.

DeeDee said...

What a GRAND idea!!! I love photo cards!!! The coach will love it!! HAPPY NE YEAR Mish!! HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2009! Great card as always. You are the greatest inspiration--love the use of everyday objects--clothespins for ribbons, recycled baskets, etc. I also snatched up the bargain stampers--what an easy way to do xentiments.

Lori Craig said...

Happy New Year, Mish!

Anonymous said...

Mish,
I keep checking your blog, but no updates. Do you have a new blog? Or just busy?
Not trying to pester. Just hoping Im not missing out with you blogging elsewhere now?? I'm not very computer savvy, so not sure if I'm missing a link or something??

Related Posts with Thumbnails